security key not working with plug-in

stormadvisor
New Community Member

All,

I have 2 security keys.  1 football and 1 card.  I also have set up my phone. 

I have been trying to use the plug-in many times now and it will not work!

I have used the plug-in in the past sucessfully.  Not anymore.  I cannot get past the security key point of log-in.  This is even while logged into the Paypal website.

What do I need to do to make it work?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

silt82

They discontinued the PayPal Plug-In, They should really bring it back though.

Login to Me Too

angelicall
Contributor
Contributor

When did they discontinue it and why???? Geesh they do something great and then take it away.

Login to Me Too

DG33
Contributor
Contributor

It is quite aggrivating to try something you have used for over a year and then bam its gone.  I had just talked my company into using it as I would be able to do the purchase ordering and not have to run down a credit card when needed.  With the security key its almost impossible now.  I liked using it as it didn't put my card info on the site, if they continue this why use the services except on ebay.  They need to fix it, and they stated it was discontinued due to the gambling, HELLO if they are an adult thats their problem, they would have used a different card if it hadn't been for the plug in, and to generate a card you still had to login.

Login to Me Too

DG33
Contributor
Contributor

I finally deactivated my security key and behold it was amazing my plug in worked again, so I will not be using the security key until they get it fixed. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.