Account Access limited? Please Help!

CreamPuff500
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

I've been using Paypal for quite some time now probably 3-4 years. I'm not that active on Paypal but sometimes when I get extra side money that I worked for or extra money it goes into Paypal. When I first started Paypal they asked me to give personal documenation/important personal information to secure my Paypal account. That was a while ago and I remember scanning so many documents I can't remember what they were maybe it was a government ID, and certain other personal documentation they wanted/required of me at the time, and I gave them exactly what they wanted.

Just a few days ago I logged into my Paypal account and noticed it said "account access limited" and that they wanted my social security number so I scanned the picture yesterday with my laptop and sent in a picture of my Social Security Card. Moving on, today (March 22, 2018) I log in and find out that it now says I can NO LONGER use Paypal and that whatever money I have in my account will be held for 180 days.

I don't understand what I've done to deserve all this and how to solve this issue. Especially since I've sent in all the required documentation? I have NEVER mistreated my account EVER. I also have only ONE debit that's working just fine (the balance is zero) at the moment but that's the only card I use that's connected to my Paypal. I shop with Paypal sometimes, and other times I just use my debit separately to order an item.

The only reason I can think of as to why they won't allow me to use Paypal (recieve money, send money) is that maybe I haven't used my Paypal account enough? I only use my Paypal account maybe 4-5 days a year. But I log into my account all the time just to check up on my account.

What is going on and how to I resolve this. I want my account to be back to where it was. I hate to think they put me in the same category as people who mistreat Paypal when I never have. I was also wanting to get a debit mastercard from the PayPal website yesterday, when all this bad stuff suddenly happened.

~Andrea

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.