jkp
New Community Member

do i really have to wait 20 days for payment

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

I plan to never use Paypal anymore because of this hold.   Its not fair to the seller.

Login to Me Too

wpco365
New Community Member

The below comment about making money does not apply to pending amounts, only money you have in your normal account.  I tried that same thing and it shows I am earning interest on $0.00 when I have over $130 in my pending account, this whole thing is BS.  PayPal acts like a bank without having to follow bank laws.  I sold something because I needed the cash now, not 3 weeks from now.  There reasons are BS too.  They are implying that any new buyer is a risk.  What happend to inocent until proven guilty?  It takes 3 days to confirm tracking?  also BS!  thats the whole point of tracking, so you know when something arrived.  It puts the sellers at risk.  All they have to do, is say the item never arrived or was broken.  the pending money then gets sent back to them and we have no way of getting the product back.  We cant even leave negative feedback on a buyer, so what do they have to lose?  They either pay for the item if the payment goes right through, or if its pending, can complain, and get the item for free.  No protection for the seller.  Unless this blatent bullying goes away, i will be moving to another system.

Login to Me Too

Steph09
Contributor
Contributor
Ok but What are the pending amounts for I just signed up for paypal and haven't even confirmed my address yet until the bank changes it so what are the dollar pending amounts for? And why are their eleven of them?
Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Pending amounts for $1.00 are often pre-authorization holds... they should drop off after a few days.

Did you send any PayPal payments?

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

"do i really have to wait 20 days for payment"

If your payment is subject to the 21-day eBay Item Hold, the payment may be released the earlier of when the buyer leaves positive feedback or 3 days after PayPal confirms delivery of the item.

Otherwise, the payment will be released after 21 days.

Login to Me Too

leidy
Contributor
Contributor

bull **bleep** ,I gave them a tracking  a week ago and they still hold my money get you facts staraight and stop bsing people

Login to Me Too

miataitalia
New Community Member

I had buyers leave + feedback  ten days ago and still my funds are being held!

I suggest everyone to file  a complaint with the FTC

Login to Me Too

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

Good idea on the FTC Complaint

Login to Me Too

Vitamin
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, same thing happened to me. It seems like the process isn't automated, I had to call to get my funds released.

Login to Me Too

prp1rookie
New Community Member

Yeah, I was wondering what was going on too. I have been awaiting payments from three buyers that have beenprocessing for five days nows. It has never taken this long before.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.