money hold

georgiana
New Community Member

This id BS. The buyer waits a week to pay me. When I get paid through paypal there is a hold on my money. I ship the next day. Give tracking number that same day. Three days later the buyer gets the box. I confirm with paypal that ir was signed for by the buyer. The buyer never answers any of my emails. And I am the one getting **bleep**ed. I will never use paypal again. And I am just as upset with ebay.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

texasyellowrose
Contributor
Contributor

So what prompts Paypal to hold the money in the first place??

Login to Me Too

gman23456789
Contributor
Contributor

eBay's policy blames the seller automatically, even if the buyer is a complete moron.  Their "feedback" system is a joke.  They need to put in place a dispute resolution system like Paypal has, where at least both sides of the story can be aired.

More sellers should boycott ebay until the system is changed.

Login to Me Too

texasyellowrose
Contributor
Contributor

But I checked,I have 100% feedback, and no pending cases to be resolved. 

Login to Me Too

nopaal
Contributor
Contributor

I've been an Ebay member for 9 years and have 100% feedback.  Now I sell something and they hold my funds for 21 days?  Isn't that why you have a credit card on file?  Apparently they don't trust their sellers anymore, they feel they are dishonest and will cheat buyers in a second.  Isn't that why there is a feedback process in the first place?  Bull-loney!!

Login to Me Too

mismochy

@gman23456789 wrote:

eBay's policy blames the seller automatically, even if the buyer is a complete moron.  Their "feedback" system is a joke.  They need to put in place a dispute resolution system like Paypal has, where at least both sides of the story can be aired.

More sellers should boycott ebay until the system is changed.

your absulolutely right and when my hold are lifted and the current auctions i have are over, i am never using paypal or ebay again it is no longer a great way to sell items quickly and get paid quickly. im gonna email my customers that bid and ask them if they win, could the mail me a personal check or money order, im tired of this. i have been a member of both for 10 years and shouldnt be having this hold issue since i have never had a problem. this hold should only be given to sellers who have been here a short time have a feedback less than 25 or have negative feedback. both of these companies, paypal and ebay have changed for the worst

Login to Me Too

I'm just in awe reading all of these posts and I agree entirely about seeing how these companies have just turned into the worst imaginable. It's awful. Especially when you consider that at first eBay and then PayPal are places you actually like and companies you trust to have your back and then over time see how they are essentially massive, money-producing machines with very little regard for the people using their services.

Dell is another example of this and it just **bleep** and it's a lesson I hate to learn. Corporations have one job and that is to produce profits for their shareholders. That's it. We're kidding ourselves when we think they care and all of this is obvious proof they only care about the money.

I'm through with them and will warn as many people as I am able.

Login to Me Too

lefrancais
New Community Member

Paypal definitly goes overboard, daring to hold my money like that. And E-Bay is an accomplice to these arrogant methods. By the way , is there any serious competition to these two companies to sell , buy and trade, because I can't wait to switch.

Login to Me Too

RAC
Contributor
Contributor

I don't think they should hold money of ours, According to there policy that would a unauthorized transaction you don't not give then promission to do so. Like me it has cost me more thought paypal then anywhere else missed bids because of the hold.

Login to Me Too

Ojy
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, as a seller, the policy is annoying.

But, I have also been a buyer - and in an instance where I paid for a high dollar item, which never showed up, and then filed a claim and only got back 8 dollars, because the seller took the money and ran. From this perspective, the policy is good.

What I suggest is, whenever possible, pay for shipong online and get tracking. The information automatically goes into the system, and they know as soon as the package is delivered, Then, the fees are released within 2 business days. Due to the newer buyer feedback policies, you cannot expect the buyer to leave feedback in a timely manner, so don't depend on that to get you your money. (The 2 instances in which ebay money will be released in under 21 days are if package is confirmed shipped or if buyer leaves feedback...)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.