Webpage Question

fsb3
Contributor
Contributor

After someone buys on my webpage, I send them to the link of the information they have just purchased. In order to prevent the users from copying the link of this information and giving it to someone else, is there anyway that I can hide the end of the link so that it is not displayed? Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

skier
Advisor
Advisor

One method would be to use PayPal's IPN feature along with Auto Return. This method does require additional programming skills. After the payment is processed, PayPal posts the transaction details to your IPN script. At this point, you could have your IPN script either send out an email with the item as an attachment, or an email that has a link to a secure page where the item can be downloaded from. Once downloaded, the buyer or anyone else cannot go back to that URL unless authorized.

If you're not into programming your own stuff, go with a 3rd party Digital Goods Delivery Service.   For example, this service is secure and easy to work with.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

photosbycharlie
Contributor
Contributor

If a customer continues to checkout after using the "Add to Cart" button on my website, he can Click to "Cancel and return to my website."  When he does so, however, it appears as if the shopping cart is not emptied (or the items removed).  It appears as if the next time that a new customer clicks on my "Add to Cart" button the items from the previous transaction are still checked.  How do I stop that from happening? 

Each time I have tested it and left my web page, I have gone to my website again, I have been using the same computer.  Because of that, It might be recognizing me as the same customer.  Does anyone know if that is true?  Would someone be willing to work with me and go to my website and "Add to Cart" and see if the previous items are still checked on the shopping page?

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Yep, testing on the same machine will produce the results you see.

It's all about the cookies. PayPal relies on the use of cookies to track what's in your cart and retain other info about you.  For example, the cookie that holds the cart info will retain that info for up to 21 days. The only way it will change is if you remove the items selected from the cart or delete the cookie.

If you are testing your web pages, creating new code or making changes, etc., simply delete your web browser's cookies, then close your web browser, reopen it and try your web pages again.

Other reasons for deleting cookies. Let's say you changed your business email address or business graphic logo. If you don't delete the cookies before you test, you will still see the old information.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.