Void shipping label, reprint label

horseheron
Contributor
Contributor

I need to void shipping label or reprint it.  I have done this before, and I have read paypals instructions. I don't see the two links in the shipping area of the transaction details page. I clicked on the shipping charge from USPS. Looked down to try to find "void shipping label" and I only see "print packing slip" and "edit tracking number". How can I cancel this shiping label?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

s_abajian
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, if you make a mistake on the shipping label and need to void it, it can only be done within 48 hours which is why you don't see the LINKS for VOID Label, etc. any longer.  This is a terrible thing to do to Paypal customers like myself who used for the very first time... My label didn't print as it should... I went back to print..and because it's not a  very USER FRIENDLY page, I must have hit the wrong button and it actually CHARGED ME AGAIN!!!  Then I didn't know it till now 10+ days later and I am "out my $$$" Very frustrating!!!  Make sure you don't make any mistakes on their page when buying a label. Also only 48 hr window to void or you're $$ is GONE!!!

Login to Me Too

Joanne
New Community Member

This has happened to me.  I went to google and went into USPS and told them my problem.  They reimb me for the second charge    Good Luck

Login to Me Too

gorca48
New Community Member

I have the exact same problem. When I went to cancel I was charged a second time.

Login to Me Too

jcscottjd
New Community Member

Even though the PayPal instructions are to void the label on the PayPal account history "Details" page, the VOID link is in fact on the eBay transaction history page for the item sold.  It is very easy if you do it this way (although not intuitive or easy to find) AND if you do within 12 hours for a UPS label or within 48 hours of a USPS label.

Login to Me Too

horseheron
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I will double check there. It was only happening with priority mail. I immediately tried to void and didn't ahve the usual choices on the page. I have since printed a few times with regular parcel usps and I have always seen the void link, but thankfully haven't needed to void again so far. I am too scared to do priority mail again.

Login to Me Too

auntbethys
Contributor
Contributor
THANK YOU yellow camero HERO! I'd been looking LITERALLY for hours! YOU SAVED THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs, Hugs, and more hugs!!!!! auntbethys periwinkle ride 😄
Login to Me Too

MyBorder
Contributor
Contributor

My first attempt to print a label, the label did not appear.  I saw the void button and clicked it. The postage was charged to my account.  The label then came up and I printed it. 

Can I still use the label ?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.