Unable to update tracking numbers

junegreger
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have done this many times in the past, but lately every time I try to add tracking information I receive a server error message.  Has anyone else had this issue?

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

JamesNewton
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, same here. Glad I'm not the only one. I reported it via email to webmaster at paypal.com like they said to do in the error message.

Login to Me Too

Buildaharley
New Community Member

Same Here, been doing it for months but now I get the error message, reported to Webmaster, they email back and tell me to use the "Contact Us" option on Paypal Screen...Very strange

Login to Me Too

junegreger
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the replies back.  I just wasn't sure if I was the only one.  Next thing you know they will refund the customer the money because it shows as never being shipped.

Login to Me Too

SmartSupplement
Contributor
Contributor

same thing is happening to me..out of 10 tracking #... i get 5 of them to go thru..the other 5 i get the error message

Login to Me Too

JamesNewton
Contributor
Contributor

It seems to be certain transactions only... other transactions I can update the tracking just fine, but on the ones that I can't, it doesn't matter what shipping company I select, it just 500 internal server errors every time.

This just blows me away...

Seriously, PayPal? Seriously?

A multimillion dollar company, the leading ecommerce processor in the world, can't find and fix a simple problem like not being able to update the tracking information on a transaction?

I'm not a professional dbms programmer and I'm pretty darn sure I could fix that given the access.

And if they are having problems with something this simple...

Just...

wow...

Time to go look at google checkout again.

Login to Me Too

NinaDetoxPills
Contributor
Contributor

yes i am having the same problem does anyone have a solution

Login to Me Too

CookToSave
Contributor
Contributor

Both my paypal accounts are doing this, I cannot update 70% of my shipments.

Login to Me Too

TeddyBear
Contributor
Contributor

I spoke to C.S. on the phone and they told me to clear history, cookies and all that crap. It's not on my end, it's on theirs. I'm tired of it really. The rep was no help and was anxious to get me off the phone. Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

JamesNewton
Contributor
Contributor

So I reported it to PayPal support as directed and this is what I got back:

Customer (James Newton) 02/05/2010 05:40 PM

Response (Justin) 02/05/2010 06:22 PM Thank you for contacting PayPal Merchant Technical Services. We are aware of this issue and we are working to resolve it. I will research this matter further and update you with more information as it becomes available. If you have any additional information or updates to your issue, please use the instructions in this email to update your ticket.

Thank you for your patience.   

That was friday, havn't heard anything since, but maybe the progammers don't work weekends when the largest payment processors web site is broken...

Hopefully they will get this fixed soon, the customer recieved his package, but not after emailing me twice asking why the tracking info wasn't available through PayPal.

I can't wait until they start bugging me to use trackable shipping... or holding my payments because they don't think I'm using trackable shipping just because I'm not shipping from inside the PayPal web site.

Is it my imagination or is PayPal getting worse and not better?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.