Seller Protection - Partially Eligible. Unconfirmed shipping address

dustygreen
New Community Member

Hi,

I'm in the USA and just I received an order in the PayPal notification of payment received from an Australian buyer that states:  Seller Protection - Partially Eligible.  Unconfirmed shipping address.

Is this the best way to protect myself ... ask the buyer if he can email or fax a copy of his latest credit card statement verifying that he owns the card?

The sale looks good other than the Unconfirmed shipping address (it's a PO Box).

Thanks,

Dusty

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Unless you're shipping a high-scam item, like precious metals, electronics or high-end jewelry, I wouldn't worry.  Australians are about the most honest people in the world - I've never had a problem shipping to them.

If you want to make a point of it, you could ship with delivery confirmation ( signature confirmation if the item's price + shipping = $250 or more.

But you'll have to use a courier to do it if you ship from the US - USPS has no DC out of the country.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.