Seeking PayPal Guru/Mentor

JLebbeus
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I made a purchase on Nov. 18th, not on eBay, but on a site that seemingly had good reviews from BizRate.  2 days after I made the purchase I was told I have to wait 2 more days for the product to become available, that 2 days came around and they told me they could not get the product, and I would be refunded. 

Question #1:  By this time my money from PayPal had likely already been transferred/withdrawn to/by them?

I waited several days and contacted about where my refund was, and was told it would be refunded by 5PM EST.  Of course it never was, which is why I'm here.  I contacted them everyday for 2 weeks, and was told the same thing over and over,
and I even have emails from them to prove it.

Question #2:  How long do I have to dispute after a transfer of funds to "dispute" it?

This past week I had had enough and decided to dispute it with PayPal.  THAT VERY DAY, I checked my account at the site and my order went from being "On Hold" to being "Cancelled".  I emailed them thinking that meant my order was finally going to be refunded, and I got a reply saying:

"You reversed your payment, it is out of our hands at this point. If you cancel the reversal we can refund it."

I assume by disputing a payment on PayPal it "reverses" it?  And then a claim does..?

Question #3:  If I file a claim, does this mean I can finally get my money back?  Or do I need to cancel the dispute to be able to get my money back?  I just want my money back...

I do not trust these guys at all, but if I have to cancel the dispute to get my money back I will.  From what I read on Disputing/Claiming, PayPal will contact the seller itself?  Well, these guys have a cancelled telephone # on their PayPal contact info, and replies from them are few and far between.  Does PayPal have other ways of getting in touch with them or getting my money back?

Sorry for the book, but I wanted to explain in detail.

Thanks for any help.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.