Question on Paypal Express Check out implementation

jeffg1110
New Community Member

I'm trying to work on an implementation of Paypal Express Checkout and I have an issue.  we have done implementations in the past where the paypal call is made from the payment page of the merchant's website after the shipping address and shipping charge has been determined. 

The current spec for Express Checkout says we MUST implement the PayPall call from both the checkout page (before we've determined the shipping address and shipping charge) AND from the payment page. 

Here's my problem. On this website, I cannot determine shipping charges until we know the shipping address. The merchant uses a complex algorithm to charge shipping that requires that we know the shipping address & shipping method.   I don't know the other total until we've got the shipping address and have calculated the shipping amount. I can't make the PayPal call until I have the order total.  

Question #1 - is this an absolute requirement that we need to make the Paypal call from the checkout page? 

Question #2 - if so, how do I make this work? 

any help/advice is appreciated.

Jeff

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.