Problem with USPS confirmation number showing delivered to me same day item picked up.

cwbeas1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi-I am very new to selling on eBay, with only about 20 items sold. I always have purchased and  printed my shipping labels directly from the paypal website. I was just contacted by a concerned buyer because the delivery confirmation number sent him shows that the item was delivered to me on the same day it was picked up. My copy of the label I kept plainly shows the correct from (me) and to (him) addresses. Obviously a PO glitch, but I assured the buyer I would get right on this. What is going on and what can I do?

TIA

Charles

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You would have to contact USPS.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

cwbeas1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks skier-I had tried to call USPS and being Sunday could only get the automated service. I will call them Monday.

It seemed odd to me that when the shipping confirmation number is entered online it shows that it was delivered to me on the same day (and I think time) it was picked up, but when I entered the same number on the phone, it said no information was available for this item

I guess what I was looking for here is whether this is a common occurrence?

Login to Me Too

From a customer's point of view:

FIRE UPS. Every item that has become lost or is damaged in transit, has been shipped through UPS!!!!!

I am not selling yet but US Postal service and Fed Ex also can pick up at your door and condition of package is always better than UPS.  For example, I have had to send back 3 PS 3 consoles due to they were all NOT WORKING when I received from UPS.

I applied for part time job there over the holidays, and after touring the distribution center, I totally understand why the packages come in damaged.  Even UPS employees here repackage almost everything (I know they make a profit from it too) before sending because they tell you that items need to be protected from the handling.

Login to Me Too

cwbeas1
Contributor
Contributor

As the topic says, this was shipped via USPS! The postman was just here and said he was off on the day the item was picked up and a new guy must have punched a wrong button.

Login to Me Too

Answer_Man311
Contributor
Contributor

I worked at UPS in college, we weren't very nice to packages, I always ask seller not to ship UPS, so unless tehy work there or have an account thru their employer they use to get free shipping, always go with usps or fedex

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.