Problem setting up Seller account fees with paypal

brendan13
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone, I was trying to set up a seller account on eBay. I got to the part where I have to choose a option on how I will pay my seller fees. I chose paypal, entered my login information; then I got an error: "This feature is not available at this time. You are requesting an outdated version of PayPal. This is often results from the use of bookmarks". I have already tried everything, talked to eBay support twice and they said they will contact me with a solution. I am not sure what do do though in the meantime. The point of this topic is if anyone has ever had this problem before and has a solution. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Put a credit card on file - you MUST have a valid credit card that's acceptable to ebay to sell.

They'll check, so make sure it has a couple of bucks credit on it, at least.

Login to Me Too

brendan13
Contributor
Contributor

My account is not a "Parent" account but a "Student" account. Does this matter at all? Do I have to have a higher balance on my account? My parents have valid credit card on their, so I don't see why there would be a problem.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Your parents aren't doing the selling.

You need to put your credit card on it and you'll have to upgrade to a Premier or Business account as well.

the CC serves as a verification of identity as well, so you can't use someone else's card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.