Paypal fee problem

mandah
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, has anyone noticed that the paypal fees are way higher than the the amounts said in the fees page? if you haven't noticed, please check the fees of any payments that made to you. the fee should be 2.9% of the amount and plus 30 cents. I might as well just change to another company who are honest about the fees and stuff. It got me thinking how much money have they gotten charging people more? If there  are enough people, i might do something about it. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

robertswww
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

PayPal fees are accurate and vary by the amount of your transactions over a period of time, but are generally 2.9% + .30 fee.

However, to receive money from International customers, the rate is higher, generally 3.9% + .30 fee.

For full details, please visit...

Transaction fees for domestic payments:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-receiving-fees-outside

Transaction Fees for Cross-Border Payments (outside the United States😞
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-xborder-fees-outside&countries=

Login to Me Too

mandah
Contributor
Contributor

You see, i exactly know where the money is coming from and i still get charged 3.9%+.30 the charge is not on one person or anything it's all of my transactions. 

Login to Me Too

robertswww
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I am not sure how PayPal tracks international payments, as not all overseas people use an email that ends in a 2-letter country code.

They may be tracking it either based on the location of the sending payment person's IP address, or more likely from the location of their PayPal account (based on the country thier address is registered in) or from the location of their bank account.

If they have a Confirmed U.S. address and you are paying 3.9%, then you would need to contact PayPal directly via the Contact PayPal link after you login to your PayPal account, and ask them to investigate it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.