Paypal and other funding

savedbygrace
Contributor
Contributor

When I pay with Paypal and another source (my bank account) in the same transaction, I find it very difficult to see exactly how much Paypal funds used were and how much was taken from my bank account. Am I missing the location in my account on the Paypal site where this would be delineated or is this not itemized. If it is not this is a needed change I hope will be implemented. Thank you.

Janet

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Interesting as you cannot split funding sources, at least we can't.   Either the funds to pay the transaction come from your PayPal Account Balance first or your primay backup funding source.  If you have insufficient funds in your PayPal Account, then PayPal will go to your primary backup funding source to pay the total amount.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

savedbygrace
Contributor
Contributor

What I was referring to is exactly what you described, Paypal funds then being supplimented by my bank account funds VIA PAYPAL. This problem for me is I am not always aware of how much was in my Paypal account, therefore leaving me unsure as to how much was taken from my bank account. I would like to see this delineated for each transaction when I make it. When I am on a shopping website and click to pay with Paypal, I don't see this at all, not even after the transaction is completed. Makes it hard to keep track of my bank account balance.

Janet

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.