Paypal Quickbook iif Files

sgtree
Contributor
Contributor

i just recently started to use quickbooks and paypal.  I found that paypal lets you download an iif file that lets you import into quickbooks.  However, the balance never seems to be right, and also i noticed weird transactions.

e.g In the expense, i noticed that i was paying customer A 4.61 cents

In the income, i noticed that i was recieving from customer A 5.01 cents

Then 7 days later, in the income line i noticed that from same customer A 4.61

i believe this is because the payment was on hold and later after 7 days i get the money.  It makes sense but im not sure if this is the correct way for accounting. It should just state that paypal collected a fee of 40 cents. like the rest of the fees and income.

also i am noticing that on some of my post office returns are not getting recorded as well. I am looking very hard to find it on the iif file but i can not seem to find any transactions about it, but i do see refunds in my paypal account. i dont know if this maybe causing it.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

spice-racks
New Community Member

I have used PayPal for some years now.  When I download my .qif files to import into Microsoft Money, my post office refunds aren't there, plus if I refund a customer for any reason, neither the customer's original transaction and the refund transaction arrive in my download.  Yes, like you said, I can see all these transactions in my PayPal account, but they don't come in the download.  I have tried to contact PayPal 3 times I think, and all I get is a predefined script email and NO SOLUTION or FIX from PAYPAL.  So if I do a refund, I have to take the time to 1) enter the original transaction and2) enter the Refund Transaction.  I have to do that with Post Office Transactions, but I always forget.  So when I try to reconcile/balance my PayPal to Money, it is really time-consuming.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.