Paypal Charged my Bank Account when I asked it to Use My Credit Card

AlexC
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I know your first reaction is probably that I didn't look at that screen that always comes up when you ask to pay by credit card that tells you about all the protection PayPal has if you use your bank account but not your credit card.

Well I wanted to use my credit card, and I am CERTAIN that is what I clicked. Next thing I know, my PayPal account is empty and I have a major charge on my personal bank account.

Why is this a problem? Because this wasn't a personal expense, this was a business expense, with which I was trying to use a business credit card.

Someone pleeeease tell me it's possible to reverse the charges to my PayPal and bank account and pay by credit card!

Thanks so much.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

scully10
Contributor
Contributor

I believe it is a conspiracy for pay pal to either force subscribers to provide information on their bank account or to subscribe to a pay pal credit card. Reading  some of the community forum issues that members have, it is wide spread.  I suggest all the users who have the same issue to contact as many merchants they deal with to quit using pay pal as a means of getting payment since it frustrates and limits the consumers who are forced to use pay pal and go even further and write a letter to your congress person to have them investigate how pay pal is limiting your options to conduct business under a guise of "providing security".

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.