Payment received being held and being told NOT to ship yet....

KateH
New Community Member

I sold an item on EBay, the buyer paid almost immediately, and I went to my Paypal and printed out the shipping label because everything seemed like normal. Then, a day later, I get this email from Paypal: We need more information about this transaction. Please log in to your PayPal account, click the "Resolution Center" tab, and provide more information by 5/2/2010. We recommend that you do not ship the item until our investigation is complete. If you've already shipped the item, please log in and let us know where you shipped it. We have placed a temporary hold on the funds until we complete our investigation.

Fortunately I have not shipped the item yet, but I'm not sure what to do. What if it takes them a few weeks to complete the investigation? I'm sure the buyer will file an item not received dispute. I did contact the buyer and let them know the funds were on hold so I haven't shipped anything yet, but I have not gotten a response back from them. I didn't really know what additional information Paypal needed to know so I just told them it hasn't been shipped yet. I have been an Ebay seller for 6 years with 100% positive feedback. This has never happened to me before. What now?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Don't ship until PayPal tells you it's OK to ship.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

I agree - if paypal is suspicious of the buyer, do NOT ship until they clear things up.

If it goes more than a few days, email the buyer and let them know what's going on.

Login to Me Too

luvstampin
Contributor
Contributor

We receive these types of emails at my job. They are ususlly do do conflivting account info or a compromised/stolen account.

DO NOT ship until Paypal resolves it and approves the account good.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.