PLEASE advise on payment review process. - My buyers pymt is under review

LaBellaJewelry
Contributor
Contributor

People are finally starting to discover my etsy shop and I now have this wonderful person placing a multiple item order and paypal put her payment 'in review' and will take 'up to 24 hours' to approve or deny.  It has been almost 24 hours.  What if paypal does't approve?  What are my options?  I LOVE having customers!!!  I couldn't turn her away, yet I understand the need for these procedures.  There are too many unscrupulous people out there and we all have to watch out for ourselves.  I'm so conflicted.  I just hope this pymt is approved.  Anyone have any experience w/ this process?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

oolacher

I recently had this "payment review process" and "payment hold" for a customer making a large purchases through esty and others. This is actually a good thing, especially when the customer is making a large purchase or big $$. This is a protection for you, the seller. It used to be it was ony a "one-way" street, that if a buyer has a dispute, those funds are instantly "frozen", this takes the pro-active approach to be sure the buyer is who they say they are, the bank they are using is "legit", and that the funds are "real".

If the payment review is "negative", the buyer may or may not know it. If the funds do not "go through" I'm sure you'd like to know ( the payment failed) before you ship the item(s). If the payment "fails" you can inform the buyer their payment did not "go through", they may want to contact their bank. In the meantime, they can send you a payment via Money Order or Cashier's check ( which BTW can also be faked, so its up to you to take these forms or not). Nevertheless, you have greater options and "payment protection" under the "review process".

Login to Me Too

LaBellaJewelry
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.  You were very informative.  I appreciate it.

Login to Me Too

ncwebpros
Contributor
Contributor

I don't agree. I think the "payment under review" blows.

As a web designer, I wait until the customer pays final payment before I load his site up to the Internet. I instruct every one of my customers to pay from my site using PayPal. Every SINGLE PAYMENT THAT IS MADE IS UNDER REVIEW.

Every single one - no exceptions.

You're telling me every client that pays me, is considered a "high risk transaction" according to PayPal? I have yet to receive an answer as to why every one of my payments is considered "high risk".

As a result, I wait the full 24 hours while the "review" process takes place. The client is breathing down my neck, because as far as he or she is concerned, I've been paid for my services.

Personally - I hate this feature and it will be the reason I drop PayPal for good for my payment processing.

Login to Me Too

pispalhelpthief
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I do. Quit ebag and pispal. They have s(rewed more honest sellers than all the prostitutes in the world. I had a scam buyer buy an item, recieve it, and leave blaring negative feedback, then pispal gives him my money. I HAD over 400 positive feedback and no neg or neutral, this a$$ had 3 transactions. Of those he left 2 blazing negative where he stated "I will filing a complain." AND, guess what..... pispal gave him the money out of both victims accounts. I was one of them. They dont care, they will make money all over the place, why should they worry about sellers? I couldnt even leave a negative feedback! I have in over aproximately 500+ (in all my selling sites) only left 2 negative... Only after trying to resolve an issue. They count on us idiots to continue using their "service" as its the only show in town. I for one am looking to get out as I am through being sodomized by both ebag and pispal. sorry for the mis-spelling, but they dont like to be criticized. Good luck, dont pay them. I am going to get an attorney. it will cost me much more, But i would rather spend my money, than have it stolen by a company.  GOOD LUCK!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.