backup funding sources removing my echeck option

manaox
Contributor
Contributor

After studying online and calling support about why I have no option to send an echeck, I have confirmed that because I have credit cards as backup funding sources, I no longer have my option to send an echeck. I have a verified account and a confirmed address with my bank account linked to boot. Paypal support recommended that I use a personal payment as I trust and know the seller well. I thought this would be fine until more problems arose.

Because my friend the seller has a merchant account, he does not wish to accept payments from an address that is not confirmed (mine is BTW) and we both do not to be wish to hit with expensive fees. It seems the personal option does not send a confirmed address that will work with their account and Paypal will charge to use the services he pays for as a merchant to ship my package. I cannot remove my credit cards as Paypal does not allow me too while anything is pending (what is pending on my account currently, I have no clue).

This is becoming a huge hassle as the money is tied up in Paypal. I could wait 3-8 days for it to transfer the money out of my account and pay to send a money order or directly wire transfer. Or I could give up 2.9% and 0.30 cents to send a four digit lump sum which would cost a lot. Paypal has been making money off of this sum already for a while now and would have it for another 5 days at least if my echeck option were enabled. I would like it back, please does anyone have any ideas?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

manaox
Contributor
Contributor

They problem was solved, though there is no fast solution. It so turns out that you must add funds to your paypal account from your bank account for the echeck option to appear again. Since the echeck option withdraws funds from your bank account also, you must then send the funds back to your bank account. While the sending money to your bank account is often faster then the funds leave via echeck, this is a very odd way to achieve the goal. It also allows PayPal to make much more money and ties up funds in limbo for 7 to 11 days. Ridiculous.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

manaox
Contributor
Contributor

They problem was solved, though there is no fast solution. It so turns out that you must add funds to your paypal account from your bank account for the echeck option to appear again. Since the echeck option withdraws funds from your bank account also, you must then send the funds back to your bank account. While the sending money to your bank account is often faster then the funds leave via echeck, this is a very odd way to achieve the goal. It also allows PayPal to make much more money and ties up funds in limbo for 7 to 11 days. Ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

mnmagic
New Community Member

The quickest solution is to delete your back up funding source.  It's a dumb design for funding sources, but this gets around the problem.

Paypal help guidelines should include this rather than having solutions come from the community forum...

Login to Me Too

zeeneals
New Community Member

I tried that one myself the only problem was it kept unconfirming my address. So I either had to wait for the super secret code to be mailed to me or renter a credit card which then removed the echeck option once again. Just put the money into your paypal account then send via echeck? Got it! Thx.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.