No satisfaction from PayPal

JH
New Community Member

I sent money to a friend in another country through PP close to a month ago because I wanted to get i there faster than waiting on another service I use where I had gone over their monthly limit to send.   My friend has never received the money in their account and PP says since I sent the money it's out of my hands.   But it was my money and it not getting there is just like I never sent it.   In fact, I resent the money a week later through another company and that money sits out there in limbo.   

My friend contacts PP on a daily basis and is told to wait X number of hours for the money - never the same amount of hours and day after day, the money is not in her account.   PP seems to have no idea what they're doing and pretty much is giving the run around holding this money.   

It's obvious that I won't send money to friends through PP again, but I just wish I could get back the money I sent or my friend could receive it.   This is like being robbed to me.     I feel violated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

vanessiers
Contributor
Contributor

hi,,i believe the reason why the funds doesn't show up on your friends account bec. their email address is still unconfirmed...

because on |PayPal for you to be able to receive money you need to have a confirm email address...

they can check their email address if it is not yet confirmed by logging in on their |PayPal account , and go to my account page then hover your mouse to the word Profile,,,,and you are going to see there a sub menu which is add or edit email,then click on it,,and it will bring you to email address page wherein you'll see, of course, your email address..and the status of it, if it's confirmed or unconfirmed,,,if the status is unconfirmed they just have to select the email address and hit the confirm button for him to be able to receive an EMAIL confirmation letter from PayPal....

If the email address is already confirmed and since it's an international payment, they have to look for this transaction inside their PayPal account and hit the accept payment button for the funds to be shown up on their account...

I hope this information answers your question...:-)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.