Need help with understanding received payments

chrissmit
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I've recently set up my online shop (www.culturebriefing.com).

Slowely some sales are coming in, after which I receive an payment notification  from Paypal.

When I loginto my account, I don't see any received payments.

What am I missing?

also, my login email address is different from the email I receive the payment notification.

thx for the help!

Chris

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

skier
Advisor
Advisor

If you used the online button creator to generate your item button code, the address used to associate your account with your item button code is your Primary email address.   Regardless of what address you have in your item button code, the address must be verified, if not, you will not see the funds until you do.   Note you can have up to 8 verified email addresses associated with you PayPal Account.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

chrissmit
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Skier,

Thanks for your reply.

Although a bit difficult to understand for me.

Let's see if I get it:

I have not used any of Paypal's buttons (or code generated).

I run a Joomla! site, with virtuemart as an online shop module.

In there I've configured Paypal as the only method of payment.

I'm not sure how Paypal and Virtuemart are or should be linked or how they relate to each other.

If it's possible for you to detail your answer a bit, that would be great!

thx

Chris

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello chrissmit,

When you set up virtuemart online shop module with your PayPal email you would want to make sure the PayPal account you are logging into is the same email address you used to set up with virtuemart online shop module. If you are using the same email address you would then want to make sure the email address is confirmed and linked to your PayPal account. If you are not able to view the transactions more than likely the email address needs to be confirmed. I hope this makes sense.

Misty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.