Money issues between ebay and paypal

Lakin
Contributor
Contributor

I have transfer money from my bank acct. to my paypal acct. to purchase an item from Ebay.  Except that it says it will take 3-5 days to process this.  I need to pay for my ebay item within 3 days which will be Sunday.  I'm new to paypal so not sure if I'm using it correctly anyways.  It keeps giving me the option to do an echeck from my bank acct. but does this mean my bank acct. will be charged for the ebay item and the transfer to the paypal or does it mean that the money I have transfered will be used?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

da1013
Contributor
Contributor

If you do an echeck, the funds will be drawn directly from the bank account. Also, it will be 4-5 days (and twice that long if either you or the seller are outside of the US) before the echeck clears (no matter when the funds are debited from your account) and the seller will receive the funds. No matter which option you choose, best to email the seller and let him/her know you are having Paypal issues and will pay as soon as the funds are in your account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.