Identity Theft Website

Demesthenos
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried to purchase a product from www.g2play.net (Billed as 7 ENTERTAINMENT PTE.LTD). This is a website that supposedly sells legal CD keys for PC games. They promise delivering the key within 15 minutes, after an hour I didn't get the key and my order status was QUEUED. I e-mailed them about this, asking why I had not received my key, it's been an hour since they received payment. I'll post the logs of their response, and the e-mails that followed that.

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 8:37 PM, G2PLAY.net! A Name You Can Trust <sales@g2play.net> wrote:
Hello mate
Please send scan or photo of ID card, passport or driving license (document - in colour) with your order number.
We must confirm your identity.
It's nothing personal really. We must be very careful because we have many frauds...
It is important to provide any document proving your identity otherwise we will be forced to refund your payment.
This is is a one time procedure.
You will not be asked for it again in the future.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Cheers
G2PLAYTEAM

On 7 April 2010 02:48, Rob Robinson <demesthenos@gmail.com> wrote:
Absolutely not. Paypal has confirmed my identity, and the security of my login and transaction. There is no need for you to have a copy of any of my photo ID's, nor has there ever been such a need for any of the numerous online transactions I've done through paypal or credit card. Please give me the cd-key I paid for, that is a legal and unused key for Neverwinter Nights 2. If you fail to do this, I'll file with paypal for a refund, and be sure to notify them, the BBB, consumerreports.com, and a few gaming sites that you're company is trying to steal people's identity, because that is the only reason you would need a copy of a photo ID after a successful payment from paypal.

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 8:52 PM, G2PLAY.net! A Name You Can Trust <sales@g2play.net> wrote:
Hello mate
Don't worry. We must verify you. It's nothing personal really.
I promise we delete your ID card after that.
We want only see your name surname and city you live.
Rest you can hide.
Best Regards
G2PLAYTEAM

Let me repeat this: You are NOT getting scans of ANY of my ID cards. You will either provide the product I purchased, or I will have paypal refund the payment and make sure many major consumer review, report, and referral sites know you are trying to steal IDs.

After the 2nd refusal to give them my ID, they didn't send another e-mail. They immediately refunded my paypal account, and deleted my user account on their website. I'm posting this here both so people are aware, and for suggestions on where I can report them, they are located in singapore so I'm not sure who I should send this to.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Yep, that's an identity theft ring, all right.

Report them here;

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

It's the online fraud center for the FBI, who may be able to talk to their Singapore counterparts and raid the place.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.