IPN calls suddenly missing transaction information !!

oreocakester
Contributor
Contributor

I have a payment system in production on my site, leveraging IPN callbacks for automated order processing. It's been working fine for the past 12 months, without any issues. BUT, starting yesterday morning, the IPN calls to my webserver does not contain any transaction details which causes the order processing on my side to fail.

I have contacted PayPal support and they claim that there's no problems - the IPN was sent to me.

I haven't changed anything on my side...

Anybody else who is experiencing this problem?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

oreocakester
Contributor
Contributor

Done some further debugging and I've concluded that the POST variables are totally missing in the IPN call I receieve from PayPal which makes it impossible to cross-verify the transaction.

Still no response from PayPal about this problem.

Login to Me Too

Lancha
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, have you figured out what's wrong? I've got the same problem a month ago and nobody could help me on Paypal either. No IPN, I didn't change anything on my email or Paypal account but I'm not getting them anymore. So inconvenient... Let me know if you found a solution.

Login to Me Too

oreocakester
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, the problem was that my ISP changed the PHP version without me knowing. The code that retrieved the post variables from the IPN call was using the $HTTP_POST_VARS variable. That variable was no longer available in the new PHP version.

All I had to do was to change:

$HTTP_POST_VARS

to

$_POST

Login to Me Too

Lancha
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for post, but please HELP ! I have no idea what is ISP and  PHP.... Also I have no idea where to check

$HTTP_POST_VARS and $_POST ....... I'm sorry, but I have no idea what it means, please guide me where to check, I would appreciate very much!

Login to Me Too

oreocakester
Contributor
Contributor

Impossible to tell where you shuld look. Depends on how the IPN integration was done on your website. Did you have someone do that for you? Or did you use some kind of plugin/component to your website? Best bet is to ask whoever helped you get it setup or teh developer of the component/plugin etc that handles the PayPal IPN's.

Login to Me Too

Lancha
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

at work we always install some new components and delete the old ones but I don't know how the one thing integrate with another. I stopped receiving Instant Payment Notification to my Hotmail account, it is no difference on what computer I am. At work I have windows and at home I have Apple. So I don't know  what could be done wrong on both computers for me to stop receiving IPN  to Hotmail...

Login to Me Too

oreocakester
Contributor
Contributor

In PayPal IPN configuration, you have a URL which gets pinged after the transaction. Find that URL in your PayPal configuration and then examine the code on your website.

If you don't know how to do it - hire somebody who knows.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.