Can I change zip at top of shipping labels so my post office gets credit for my packages?

stellabean
Contributor
Contributor

At the top of shipping labels printed through Pay-Pal, there is a zip code. This zip code is not part of my addres, it is to indicate what post office processed the package. Pay-Pal assumes that I'm using the post office that corrresponds to my own zip code. I actually drop most of my packages off at the post office nearest my house, but they have a different zip code. The post office for my particualr zip code is actually further away from my house than this one. Can I change the zip code on the top of the labels so that this post office gets credit for processing my packages? They are a tiny post office that is much loved and appreceiated by our neighborhood. Because of budget cuts in our state, are in danger of being closed down. If they can show that they are increasing their revenue, they will stay open and the people who work there will keep their jobs. If they got credit for my packages, it would help them a lot. Does anyone know how I can change the zip? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Answer_Man311
Contributor
Contributor

you sure can change the zip code, but you will need to take your item to the post office to have it mailed, Paypal shipping isn't set up to pick and choose which office will be shipping the package, so a decision will need to be made on your part, convenience of PayPal shipping, or go wait in line at the post office.

Login to Me Too

tiquer505
Contributor
Contributor

There is a circle to check (upper left) if you are shipping form a post office other than your own. I do it everyday for your same reason. What I would like ot know is how I can set that zip for my labels since I take them all to this little post office. And you don't have to waint in line when you have done your own labeling. Just a "These are all set" to the clerk or post master is all it takes. And a smile.

Login to Me Too

hudsoncoinery
Contributor
Contributor

Where is the little circle to check?  I don't see it anywhere.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

hudsoncoinery
Contributor
Contributor

Where is the little circle to check?  I don't see it anywhere.

Thanks

@stellabean wrote:

At the top of shipping labels printed through Pay-Pal, there is a zip code. This zip code is not part of my addres, it is to indicate what post office processed the package. Pay-Pal assumes that I'm using the post office that corrresponds to my own zip code. I actually drop most of my packages off at the post office nearest my house, but they have a different zip code. The post office for my particualr zip code is actually further away from my house than this one. Can I change the zip code on the top of the labels so that this post office gets credit for processing my packages? They are a tiny post office that is much loved and appreceiated by our neighborhood. Because of budget cuts in our state, are in danger of being closed down. If they can show that they are increasing their revenue, they will stay open and the people who work there will keep their jobs. If they got credit for my packages, it would help them a lot. Does anyone know how I can change the zip? Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.