How do I create a coupon code to use with etsy?

momof2
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to create a coupon code I could use on etsy?  That they could input when they check out with paypal. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DancingWave
Contributor
Contributor

I was wondering the same thing!  This would be super helpful.  Have you heard back from any other sources?  I want to apply a percentage off my jewelry to certain people and would think this would be the easiest way to go.  I'll let you know what I find out.  Please feel free to do the same!

Login to Me Too

BrassDogs
Contributor
Contributor

I am new to this forum, but have the same coupon problem. 

Here my 2 step solution since I can't find any other simple solution.

1. Send an email to my target customers, offering the discount. 

2. The Discount is applied manually after purchase as a refund thru Paypal.

Advantages to this method: Sales tax is automatically adjusted- important to keep the nasty nasty CA sales tax auditors from nailing me to the wall in a later audit because of a simple mistake, and it is easy to implement.

Disadvantage is customer does not see discount at checkout, but a good customer will trust your follow thru, and you have to follow thru and DO IT for each one.

Be sure to communicate how you are doing this in your email to the customer when you offer the discount, done deal.

Hope this helps - let's get back to killing this recession!

Login to Me Too

DancingWave
Contributor
Contributor

What I chose to do is extend the discount offering and ask my customers to let me know via email or convo what item they wish to purchase.  Then I go back into Etsy, adjust the price accordingly, place a hold with their name in the item title, let the customer know I've made the price reduction via email and tell them to act quickly on their purchase.  So far, so good!

Login to Me Too

BrassDogs
Contributor
Contributor

I like DancingWave's method for Etsy.  But working across Etsy, Bonanzle, Blujay, Google, Ebay and my website, it would take too long to do mine that way.  At least there is more than one method to get the job done!

Login to Me Too

momof2
Contributor
Contributor

I believe you can create coupon codes for ebay and your website, just not other sites. I asked as i've visted the formus, buyers don't seem to like to convo, they want instant gratification. and if refund from paypal, you still pay the etsy fees on the orgional amount. So, if you can get them to convo you and make the changes its more cost effective, otherwise you paying extra etsy fees.

Hopefully there will be a way to do this from paypal some day.

Thanks for the great ideas though.

Login to Me Too

Berta
Contributor
Contributor

My seller ask me if I had a coupon and I said no. I never new you could get one from ebay. I did not know that by her address(Email) said( hihllc) then it said hexagon international holdingLLC It never hit me that Dr. Denese's skin care would be an international thing.. I had an address in the us to send it too. so I did not think it was out of the US. bertabee1

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.