Canada Post Shipping Tool

timelessnotions
New Community Member

I use to be able to create shipping labels for orders not paid by PayPal until last week. However since today I am unable to use that feature. Has something change? I normally sell on etsy and purchase shipping labels via PayPal as it is cheaper instead using the Canada Post Office. Any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

tpoppitt
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem.  Have you been able to locate?

Such a cool feature and have used a ton, need it back.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi everyone,

By chance, were you trying to use https://www.paypal.com/shipnow?

If so,

I'm sorry to hear so many have been affected by this change and we regret any inconvenience this has caused.  I will submit feedback about this change to our shipping teams.  I must confirm that the link www.paypal.com/shipnow has been disabled and is slowly being disabled for all countries that have the option for printing shipping labels with PayPal.  It is unlikely that this link will return in the future.

This link was never intended to be an official PayPal service.  When we originally launched the option to print shipping labels, it was intended for printing shipping labels for PayPal transactions only.  The ship now link was used for the print shipping label button on PayPal transactions but the link would also include the PayPal transaction shipping details to be loaded on the print label page.  Over the years some customers figured out that you could remove those shipping details in the link and load the link directly to purchase a shipping label that was not related to a PayPal transaction.  Basically this link was never an official PayPal product but a URL hack on an existing product.  Some of the technology, accounting and label provider agreements  associated with our shipping label service were never designed to include shipping labels not associated with a PayPal transaction.

At this time, we must recommend using Canada Post Ship-in-a-click service or another shipping label service provider.  Hopefully we can convince Canada Post to add PayPal as a payment option in their Ship-in-a-click service in the future.

Thanks,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.