Holds on money

magicalglen
Contributor
Contributor

money is being held due to a dispute

pp allowed the buyer to win the dispute IF they sent proof of a returned the ITEM

Never returned the ITEM, never sent proof

funds are still on HOLD

how do I get them released

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

It doesn't always happen automatically, and... it's been reported that PayPal will sometimes give the buyer extra time.

Yes, I know... the wait is hard and every day seems like forever.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal gives the buyer a reasonable amount of time to return the item. How long has it been since PayPal asked the buyer to return the item?

If it's been a month or more, you should call PayPal... login to your PayPal account and click on the "Contact Us" link on the right side of the page... there you will find the PayPal phone number for your account. If you can't login or find the phone number, use the following PayPal Customer Service phone numbers...

1-888-221-1161 (Toll Free for Premier/Business Accounts)
1-888-204-4481 (Toll Free for Premier/Business Accounts)
1-402-935-7733 (Personal Accounts)
1-402-935-2050 (Personal Accounts)

Login to Me Too

magicalglen
Contributor
Contributor

PP did give them time, here is the posting

What happens next

The buyer is required to provide tracking information confirming that they shipped the merchandise to you by Nov 1, 2009. If we don't receive this information, the claim will be closed and a refund will not be issued.

So is this gonna happen automatically, or do I have to keep bugging PayPal to get my money back

thanks for your reply

Login to Me Too
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

It doesn't always happen automatically, and... it's been reported that PayPal will sometimes give the buyer extra time.

Yes, I know... the wait is hard and every day seems like forever.

Login to Me Too

dealer1
Contributor
Contributor

pay pal is just a middle man providing no real service . I sold an I phone and the money is on hold untill the buyer decides to leave me good feedback! even though my history is 100% positive. of about 40 transactions totaling thousands of dollars. and the one time I didn't recive what I ordered pay pal said well that item wasnt under protection? so what am I giving them money from transactions for? I will be glad to never use pay pal again. what if I was to say ok send me a money order and when I am totaly satisfied then I will send the item atleast then Im not the one in limbo. I dont know? pay pal sucks now.

Login to Me Too

upsetsal

Are you interested in joining a class action lawsuit, we need 3 or more to file, but the more the bigger the lawsuit.  Probably won't get any money, but we just want to stop paypal's unfair hold practices.

Login to Me Too

damnmonopoly
Contributor
Contributor

In this tough economic climate you would think that PayPal and Ebay would try to encourage active

buying and selling by instituting changes that would actually help it's members.

Instead under the cover of "buyer protection" they come up with this draconian policy that benefits no one but themselves.

Hey PayPal and Ebay just a little suggestion, to attract buyers you need sellers. Without sellers there is no money for the service you provide.

How is this policy going to improve your business?

You think angering and making sellers jump through hoops to receive their payments is a sound business model?

Sigh......

Login to Me Too

upsetsal

You wont, the hold is just a way for paypal to make money, they put holds on almost everything they can, just one negative feedback and even if no dispute or claim is filed they put the money on hold, its an illegal way they make money, the make interst on the money put on on hold.

Login to Me Too

magicalglen
Contributor
Contributor

never happened

never received the release of the hold......................

so the buyer paid, make the complaint, didnt return the item, paypal kept the money

sweet...........

@magicalglen wrote:

money is being held due to a dispute

pp allowed the buyer to win the dispute IF they sent proof of a returned the ITEM

Never returned the ITEM, never sent proof

funds are still on HOLD

how do I get them released

Login to Me Too

kuddleschnoef
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has joined the greediness of banks and simular businesses. Shame on you...

I demanded from paypal to pay out the interest they earned on MY funds. Of course that did not go over well,

they are stating they do not earn interest...what a bunch of "whoha"....This is all a bunch of BS....

Never again, Paypal nor ebay...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.