HELP! BUY NOW Button Shipping Issues

ChristopherV
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Y'all!

I need to know how to limited the shipping options for a BUY NOW button so that when the customer goes to check out, they are only given UNITED STATES as an option for shipping destination.

Please help!

THANKS!

ChristopherV

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

How to check to see if you have the shipping override enabled.

Note, you have to have at least one shipping method setup for the shipping override variables
to be recognized. If you don't have at least one shipping method setup, you must set one up first.

Next to your name, select Edit Profile.
Under Selling Preferences, select Shipping Calculations.
Under Domestic Shipping Methods, check the Shipping Method Box
Click on View
On the next page, look for "Override Shipping Methods Per Transaction". It should be "ON"
If not, you need to Edit your settings.
Look for "Use the shipping fee in the transaction instead of my calculator's settings:"
Select "Yes"
Save changes

Regards,

skier

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Here's the work around:

How To Turn off International Shipping:

The first section is Domestic Shipping Methods - This is where you setup your shipping tables for US. Also make sure you check the shipping override to Yes so you can override any shipping in your Button HTML Code if desired. Note, you can't block shipping to a particular state. If that state is not listed with an amount in the shipping table, then shipping defaults to zero. The shipping table/calculations are only designed to create a shipping amount/method and not block an area.

The next section is for International - Since you don't want to ship outside the US, you should delete any methods that are there by default. Also make sure you have the setting for blocking payments from users who "Have non-US Accounts" checked in your Account Profile. The setting is located under Payment Receiving Preferences. The reason you need to ensure that this is checked is because there is still a dropdown option at checkout for cutomers to select a country. Although customers can select countries, when it comes to checkout time, they cannot proceed. At the present, you can't modifiy or remove this option because it's part of the shipping calculations. The techs who monitor the forum agree it should not be there if you don't have international shipping set up in your profile. One of the techs did pass this observation along as a feature request to the product development team. It makes sense not to have the option there if you don't want it.

For more information on shipping and button variables, download Website Payments Standard Integration Guide from here.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

ChristopherV
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but I cannot find anything that indicates a "shipping override" in that section. I have programmed domestic shipping to all 50 states using that section, but there's nothing there that allows me a "shipping override" option.

Please advise,

Thanks,

ChristopherV

Login to Me Too
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

How to check to see if you have the shipping override enabled.

Note, you have to have at least one shipping method setup for the shipping override variables
to be recognized. If you don't have at least one shipping method setup, you must set one up first.

Next to your name, select Edit Profile.
Under Domestic Shipping Methods, check the Shipping Method Box
Click on View
On the next page, look for "Override Shipping Methods Per Transaction". It should be "ON"
If not, you need to Edit your settings.
Look for "Use the shipping fee in the transaction instead of my calculator's settings:"
Select "Yes"
Save changes

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

ChristopherV
Contributor
Contributor

THANKS!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.