Getting ripped off and dont know what to do!!!

Mineornone
New Community Member

I recently had a wow account on craigslist for sale and someone agreed to buy it for $500 wich it appeared that they did and after it was all said and done i all of a sudden get an email saying that the money is pending because they apparently purchased with a credit card and are trying to say the purchase was unintentional. If anyone has had a similar experience and knows what i can do to get the money owed to me please let me know.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Jason
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi mineornone-

If you search these forums, you will see similar reports of this type of situation.

Digitally delivered goods are not covered by PayPal's Seller Protection Policy because we have no way to confirm proof of delivery without a tangible good being shipped with electronic tracking.  This information is in section 11 of PayPal's User Agreement. 

Additionally, while we are not responsible for enforcing other websites own User Agreements, selling of accounts and goods is outlined in Blizzard's Terms of Use for WoW...they do not recognize the sale or transfer of accounts as they are the owners of the game.

Thanks,

Jason

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.