From Now On I Am Not Going To Ship Items If Funds Are On Hold.

djpoptart92
Contributor
Contributor

Because the shipping costs are included in the funds.  If I have no access to the funds cause of the hold, then I have no access to the money the buyer pays for shipping.

Login to Me Too
610 REPLIES 610

jff91462
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Im Jeff, an  Ebay seller/buyer Smiley Wink Is'nt this fun!Smiley Very Happy  Letting someone else use Your money for free without even asking permission?Robot tongue Im elated!!Man Very Happy

Think there is a law suit pending! Robot Mad

Login to Me Too

mypatch
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds a little fishy to me.  Could it be that PP is in trouble and trying to hang on to the money longer so they can earn more interest?   I had a simalar proble only I was the buyer.  Froze my account for almost a week.

Login to Me Too

ricnrel

I sold an item, shipped it the next day, buyer received it the next day, two days after he paid for it. Because they haven't left feedback I am waiting on $600.00 to be released. I sell things because I need the money. I usually don't have the extra money to ship items. Paypal only cares about Paypal. The buyer will not answer my requests to leave feedback, and I did enter the tracking number on Paypals site, it showed delivered two days after the end of the auction. Does anyone know of a better payment system to use? That is accepted by Ebay?

Login to Me Too

lyndi
Contributor
Contributor

try paymate, they are based in australia i believe, i registered with them and they are an accepted alternative to paypal, the registration was fairly easy, but i cant figure out how to post it on my auction page, can anyone help me? thank you!, frustrated ebay seller.

Login to Me Too

thecoldclown
Contributor
Contributor

ebay has   a nice set  up   payapl  now  is the  only  payment  way  you can pay   thru ebay  lol   think  there  might  be   aconection no  checks  / no money orders/ no  othe r mehtod  or  service  well  they  still have   some  professional but  99%  its  paypal   do  the  math  between them both  your  paying  12-15% pluds listing  fees  !   and  paypal  will hold youre  money  for  21 days to  boot   sometimes  - its  all  a  deal between the  2  of  them  face  it  ebay   just  has  gotten too big  for thier  own  good   i understand  there  are  alot riop off  poepl  i   stopped selling  after  losing  2  claims  back  to  back  for bropken  as-is  parts  only   gaming  consoles  -  one  said  it  didnt  powe ro n and  1  said  it wasnt  sealed  - hello  did  paypal  reradthe  part  that says  parts!-- want  hte  real  kicke r    ebay  makes you  post   if  youll  take  returns  you have to  state  yes  or  no  but  evewn if  you state  you dont paypal  wil lover rid e that  and  ebay  wil llet  them  and  refund  the  buyer    [ on  a a s is  parts  only  console ?!!!]--  good  luck   ebay  is  gone   to   toilet!

Login to Me Too

nedlnut
Contributor
Contributor

When you send out an invoice, there is a place to check the other forms of payment you accept - of course, they have to be ebay accepted forms of payment but they are all listed there. Sign up with the other accepted places and then check the right boxes on your invoice.

@lyndi wrote:

try paymate, they are based in australia i believe, i registered with them and they are an accepted alternative to paypal, the registration was fairly easy, but i cant figure out how to post it on my auction page, can anyone help me? thank you!, frustrated ebay seller.

Login to Me Too

mmousefan1977

I shipped an item that was won on E Bay by a buyer for $250.00 usd plus $10.35 for shipping and the funds were held. I shipped the electronic item which was in perfect working order and the buyer disputed the item! He said when he got it it was burnt up. He sent it back and I plugged it in and it worked fine! I relisted it and resold it on E Bay again and the second buyer left positive feedback. I am still out the $10.35 from the first buyer since Pay Pal believed the scammer.

If someone buys something from you through E Bay they should have to pay you immediately. You can't walk into Wal Mart, pick out an electronic item, debit your checking card and go home with it to try it out for up to 21 days to see how you like it. Then return it and get your money back. My positive feedback speaks for itself therefore making me trustworthy. -1 to Play Pal for doing this to many of us.

Login to Me Too

EticketJedi
Contributor
Contributor

Looking through their funds availability page it's pretty clear that casual sellers are going to get jobbed.

One of their flags is:

• You have received fewer than 20 Detailed Seller Ratings in the last 12 months

So essentially, you have to sell about twice a month to never get your funds held. Good to know that a 10 year history with 0 negatives isn't enough.

Login to Me Too

mamawolf
Contributor
Contributor

I have had my first experience with the holding of my funds. PP rep actually told me to email the buyer to send me a positive feedback BEFORE I shipped the item. I will not list anything else on ebay. I usually use other auction sites, and I wont be buying anything from ebay either. What I found so odd is PP took their funds immediatly but kept my money. BTW I have 100% on ebay, never have had any disputes.

I did not realize until I was told today that ebay owns PP.

Interesting.

Login to Me Too

nedlnut
Contributor
Contributor

Can you tell me what other auction sites there are that are worth using.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.