FUNDS ON HOLD ?

Louieblue
Contributor
Contributor

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SHIP THE MERCHANDISE..WHEN PAYPAL IS HOLDING THE SHIPPING CHARGES ?  I AM SELLING BUT AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH PAYPAL HOLDING THE FUNDS. CANT RELEASE FUNDS WITH OUT FEEDBACK.....CANT GET FEEDBACK WITH OUT FUNDS.....PAYPAL IS NON RESPONSIVE WITH REGARDS TO THIS ISSUE.....??    **** HELP ****   PS. I SOLD 23 ITEMS AND THE SHIPPING CHARGES ARE OVER 1,000 DOLLARS AM I SUPPOSED TO PAY FOR THIS FROM MY SAVINGS ?  BECAUSE I ONLY HAVE 13.00 TO MY NAME.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Douglass
New Community Member

If you have no funds in your account that are not restricted, You will have to go to Your local Shipping Carrier Office and Ship the items and upload the tracking formation to paypal. They will then release the funds a few days after the item has a confirmed delivery or a week or so if the buyer has no complaints

Login to Me Too

Louieblue
Contributor
Contributor

SINCERE THANKS........................HAPPY HOLIDAYS.......................FROM ,,,,,   LOUIE BLUE COLLECTIBLES

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You must follow PayPal's instructions as explained in this policy.    If you do as explained, you will get your funds, it just takes a bit of time.   Last time our funds were held, it took 7 "business" days.  

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Louieblue
Contributor
Contributor

OK...........THANK YOU...............................FROM,,,,      LOUIE BLUE COLLECTIBLES

Login to Me Too

Louieblue
Contributor
Contributor

THANK  YOU.....................LOUIE BLUE COLLECTIBLES..

Login to Me Too

DrSLW
Contributor
Contributor

The hold sucks. I have to send something to Russia and wait for the guy to give positive feedback before PayPal releases the funds. I guess it protects the buyer???

Login to Me Too

xxxx

I can understand protecting the buyer from a fraudulent seller, by holding payment for the item until the item is shipped... and confirmed by the buyer.  The shipping costs however, should be payed by the buyer, directly to the post office (ups etc.,) and the label should then be 'accessed' by the seller.  The way it is now, paypal not only takes a percentage of the cost of the item, but a percentage of the shipping costs as well.  Even the post office gives you a discount for printing labels online.  When you sell through a site like ebay you do end up paying the shipping costs up front.  I think that should be made VERY clear to a seller before listing an item.  I was also confused by this.  I figured I would have to front the money for shipping, so I was careful about what I posted, went to the post office to weigh the items and calculated shipping cost, adding handling for packing supplies;  I was NOT clear on who the postage was being payed to.  It was advertised by ebay and paypal, they had "teamed up" with the USPS to make it "easier,"  I was not aware that paypal would be taking a percentage of the total cost INCLUDING postage and holding the entire amount.  I figured they would hold funds for the cost of the item and the postage would be payed from the balance.  Not only is the postage NOT payed from the balance, but the entire amount is charged a fee. 

Login to Me Too

kuddleschnoef
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has joined the greediness of banks and simular businesses. Shame on you...

I demanded from paypal to pay out the interest they earned on MY funds. Of course that did not go over well,

they are stating they do not earn interest...what a bunch of "whoha"....This is all a bunch of BS....

Never again, Paypal nor ebay...

Login to Me Too

sm1715
Contributor
Contributor

EVERYONE DO THIS! SPREAD THE WORD! FILE A BBB COMPLAINT!!! LET'S WORK TOGETHER!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.