Ebay Help

prettyodddomm
New Community Member

Im  trying to set up a seller account on ebay and im trying to get it set up through paypal for my automatic payments. Now, i choose the paypal option and it redirects me to paypal and its telling me to add a bank account. I already added a bank account to my paypal over a month ago and I dont have a credit card. Any way to resolve this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Yes - get a credit card.

You must have a credit card to sell on ebay - no way around that.

A prepaid credit card will work as long as it's one issued through a bank, where they make you prove your identity.  The ones from Money Mart, where you walk in and plop the money down won't work.

Go to one of the selling discussion forums on your ebay site and ask about specific cards that will work - the posters there will likely know.

Login to Me Too

luvstampin
Contributor
Contributor

Some sellers have  Netspend Prepaid VISA  accounts linked  have never ever had a problem. Paypal has used them as a backup payment along with  bank accounts and they have refunded to them.

I have had my prepaid VISA for 3 years now and use it for all on-line purchases.

I remember I had to register my card with Netspend to verify who I am and it took a couple of days to do. .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.