Can I use direct deposit to recieve money in my paypal account from my Employer ?

RailRider95
Contributor
Contributor

Can I use direct deposit to receive money in my paypal account from my Employer ?

Like every payday to receive it.Thanks.......

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

I don't think so... unless your employer is willing to send your paycheck to an email address. Direct deposits of paychecks require the employer to have a routing number for the employee's account... I don't believe there is an individual routing number for deposits associated with a PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

RailRider95
Contributor
Contributor

Ok,,Thanks for the info..I only asked because ,Walmart Cards you can do this ,just wanted all in one place..they must have a diffrent setup..

Thanks.......

Login to Me Too

rainkisser
New Community Member

How else can I get money sent to my paypal? I mean. i am starting a business on etsy and I need money sent to my paypal to get started... but I dont want it linked to my bank account because my bank account is having issues... help?

Login to Me Too

TigerProwl3
New Community Member

what about your paypal debit card, when you have a debit card you have an account number, and like a checking account a routing number.  This is where your employer would deposit either your whole check, or a fixed amount!!!  Just a suggestion please leave feedback, thank you 🙂 !!! 

Direct deposit should be an option for your paypal debit card....Or at least so you could add a fixed amount of your pay check every pay cycle.  Recommendation maybe because i'm paying credit card transfer fees that are outrageous.  Let's say you only have a savings account, and you transfer money from your main savings account onto a prepaid credit card to transfer that money to your paypal account just a suggestion/question?!? Therefore if you are putting a fixed amount of your paycheck on this prepaid credit card....Just a suggestion!!  Please leave feedback!

Login to Me Too

Brad-796

I too want to do the same. I use the Wal-Mart money card too. They charge $3 a month if you deposit less than $1000 per month. Plus they don't give cash back rewards. PayPal does! I much rather be using the PayPal card than the Wal-Mart card just so I can get the few bucks back. After all every dollar counts in this economy.

I agree, Debt cards have routing and account numbers assigned to them. The Wal-Mart card is backed by GE Money Bank. Pay-Pay Buyer Credit is backed by GE as well. GE may have there hand in the Debt card too. The thing is,  where do we get the routing number from? Its not noted or accessible in "My Account" information. Would customer service give out such information if we called them on the phone? There's is a way. Finding out how is the hard part.

Login to Me Too

Arawn
Contributor
Contributor

I'm about to apply for a Census Job, which likes to use Direct Deposit. I don't want to be using two mastercards. I've also issues of concern, with my bank, and notice Pay-Pal hasn't been nickel and diming to outrageous figures.

Is there any reference to hopes or policies on Direct Deposit to Pay-Pal?

Login to Me Too

lundie
New Community Member

Please stop guessing if you don't know.  Most people here are professionals and The last thing we all need is some guy randomly saying "I guess" and making conjectures about things when this is not a "chat site" but a place to house information.

So for your information and everyone else who is asking.  It is completely impossible to get direct deposit to your papal account.  The "easy" ways to simulate such are to "direct deposit" to another account and after that cleared have it sent to your paypal account assuming there is online features with your bank that will allow you to do such...OR....get a paper check and use another ATM to deposit that check and wait 7-10 business days for The money to make it there and be deposited.

Please call support and service for real answers and to confirm this real answer.

For everyone else upset about this amazing workaround for something that makes our lives So easy and convenient, call up Support and service and complain and there is an online place to make a formal complaint.  Enjoy.

Login to Me Too

MrJoJoBrown
New Community Member

Hey lundie...back off!

This is a place to find out information from Professional, and the hopes of everyone here is to get an answer to, Obviously, a very important Question.

Yes, it is not a Chat room, but if you can really read what these people above have posted, I believe they have every right to post what  they have and get an answer that is needed. Informational Purposes is right, but you started trying to make people feel dumb for asking the question, "Does PayPal support Direct Deposit? If so, What steps are needed to be taken to get Direct Deposit started?"

When it comes to a Debit Card, there is a Checking Account behind it. A couple of people already mentioned that, and it is True! With ANY Checking Account, there is a Routing and Bank Account Number associated with the Debit Card for that Checking Account.

What did you think? Debit Cards without a Bank backing them would be Legal? PayPal, who is offering this service should have knowledge of what steps to take to have Direct Deposit to their Debit Card. It is for certain that they should be "Professional" enough to post information about it on their Website for their Customers. Even if PayPal has no control over what the Bank, which issues the Debit Card, does in regards to a Direct Deposit Service, they should be "Professional" enough to have some information in a Section of their Website that gives their Customers information on how to contact the Bank for more information.

Now, my last Point...You say, "Most people here are professionals...", now what does that make you?

To everyone else, I understand your question, and know that you where asking in hopes that maybe someone "professional" on this Website has already found out this information and would be able to help you find your answer...this is exactly what this site is for, to share valuable information from one PayPal User to Another. Do not let one moron, put his Half-Cent in and ruin your day, it just goes to show you that even "professionals" as he put it and is trying to make himself come off as, do not know it all. I've dealt with people like him for many years...what's even more sad is that some of them went to College and received degrees, but when you call them, they need help, to help you.

Well, I really hope someone can figure it out real soon. I would try, but I just started back up with PayPal and am not eligible for a Debit Card until May 2010, so until I get that Card, I will not be able to research at this time. I really would like to know once I get my card, too. 🙂

Have a good day!

Login to Me Too

every debit card has to have a back up tracking and routing number to a bank account, so does paypal debit card, dont you ever notice that when you go to an ATM and you take $$ out, you have to click withdraw out of checking account, so there has to be a routing and acct number accociated with card, as im looking for 1 also, i guess calling they would have the info for us, they just dont post it., i will find out and post it

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.