CHANGING SHIP TO ADDRESSES FOR GIFTS

SUZE
New Community Member

HELP  I SPOKE WITH AN AGENT AT PAYPAL.  I AM TRYING TO SEND GIFT CARDS TO ANOTHER ADDRESS.

I CANNOT FIND WHERE I CAN ADD ADDRESSES AND NAMES FOR GIFTS ONLY.   I AM VERY FRUSTRATED

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

OurVisits_com
New Community Member

Please be more specific about what you are trying to do this with.

1. Buy now button
  2. Gift send to name & address.

It doesn't have to be that fancy, but I'm sure you get the point.

Login to Me Too

Dreilo
New Community Member

How about option #2??

1. Gift send to a different name & address. I spoke to a merchant and he told me that Paypal had an option to add another address to your account in case you'd like to send an item as a git (that item being purchased @ ebay), but I'm not able to find an option to register the gift address @ Paypal. Thanks a lot.
Login to Me Too

NanaT
Contributor
Contributor

I ran into trouble trying to buy a gift for my son-in-law in Oregon through Newegg.com using PayPal. I finally had to have the item shipped to me in California, which I, in turn, have to now ship to Oregon. This will cost me twice the shipping costs. I did find a place in my account where I can add another address (and I must have done so some time ago, as my son-in-law's address is there). However, it will show the other address with MY name. So in future if I'm purchasing a gift for someone else to be shipped by a third party, I'll use my own name with the gift recipent's address, making sure that address has been added to my account on PayPal, and I THINK that will work.

Login to Me Too

deeplaker67
New Community Member

Using your name on another address won't work, or at least it didn't for me. I tried sending a gift purchased on ebay to my son who has the same name as me. I changed the shipping address to his at checkout, but PayPal still shipped it to my billing address. FedX tried three times to deliver it, but I was away for the winter, so it was returned to the shipper. PayPal indicates you can add a shipping address when adding a credit card to your account, so I did that. It seemed to work. I even sent a $1 test payment to the shipper using that address, but the shipper replied that he wouldn't send to that address, because it wasn't "confirmed". It looks like PayPal will only confirm billing addresses as shipping addresses. For me on this transaction, PayPal has been Pain-in-the-buttPall.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.