Placing order with same Merchant

bs2cpay
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to place an order from the same merchant using paypal, but paypal returns with " this transaction have been paid"  no matter how I try paypal will not let me bill new item to order from same merchant...anyone have any solution???

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Per your post, you would need to contact the Merchant direct as this is a problem on the Merchant's end.   It's possible the Merchant is using the "invoice" variable in the item button code of that particular item you want to purchase. 

Because the system recognizes that the invoice has already been paid, should a second customer try to purchase the same item, he or she will get the following message: "This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the Merchant".

The Merchant should be aware that this feature can also be turned off  in his or hers PayPal account.   They would have login to their account, select Profile, under Selling Preferences, select Payment Receiving Preferences.   Once on this page, look for:

Block accidental payments:
You may prevent accidental payments by blocking duplicate invoice IDs

There you can turn this setting off and this will allow the transactions to go through. Otherwise the invoice value needs to be unique.

Again, this issue can only be resolved by the Merchant, there's nothing either you or PayPal can do other than you contacting the Merchant directly.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

bs2cpay
Contributor
Contributor

thanks Skier, I contacted Paypal direct and they suggested to have the merchant invoice me with the order.

I've just received and paid the merchandise as per paypal's suggestion...appreciate the comments, I'll try to pass on your reply to the merchant and maybe this will resolve the future orders issues they have...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.