Buyer Broke Item and Paypal gives them refund???

elexsmom
Contributor
Contributor

Buyer bought a GPS unit from me for $60 and Emailed me that his wife broke the suction mount.  He then made a Paypal claim where he lied and said it was already broken when he got it and I used crazy glue on it, which is not true.  I disputed his Paypal claim.  I included his Email to Paypal where he said his wife broke it.  Why is Paypal giving him a refund?  I even have photos of it showing it wasn't broken.  I have been on Ebay 10 years and had 100% fb and over 1090 fb.  Now I have 98.9% fb because of this guy.  Also, this man is sending me rude and threatening Emails.  Now I get back a GPS mount that wasn't broken when I shipped it but is broken now and he ruined my perfect feedback record.  Also, what happens if he sends back a different GPS or an empty box?  All Paypal requires from him is a tracking number tht he sent something back.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

usMichiGann
Contributor
Contributor

W@W, that sucks!  I recently had a HORRIBLE buyer who ruined my perfect 400+% F.B, so I know how it feels!  If a claim is filed, it seems that eBay ALWAYS sides w/ the buyer EXCEPT if it's an "Item not erceived" + seller can confirm w/ tracking.  Also, what stinks is that a seller can not leave neg for buyer.  The ONE thing you can do is tell your side when you reply to the F.B. they left you.  I know my answer does not help you; just wanted you to know that others understand + share your UNJUSTICE!!! 

Login to Me Too

elexsmom
Contributor
Contributor

How do I respond to the feedback they left me?  I do not see that option.

Login to Me Too

usMichiGann
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!  To reply to F.B. received, first go to eBay My World page + click to see all feedback.  Once all of your feedback is shown, go to the bottom of the page + click "Reply to F.B. Received".  After that all feedback appears, line by line + you just click on the one you wish to respond to. 

Login to Me Too

Colton

@elexsmom wrote:

Buyer bought a GPS unit from me for $60 and Emailed me that his wife broke the suction mount.  He then made a Paypal claim where he lied and said it was already broken when he got it and I used crazy glue on it, which is not true.  I disputed his Paypal claim.  I included his Email to Paypal where he said his wife broke it.  Why is Paypal giving him a refund?  I even have photos of it showing it wasn't broken.  I have been on Ebay 10 years and had 100% fb and over 1090 fb.  Now I have 98.9% fb because of this guy.  Also, this man is sending me rude and threatening Emails.  Now I get back a GPS mount that wasn't broken when I shipped it but is broken now and he ruined my perfect feedback record.  Also, what happens if he sends back a different GPS or an empty box?  All Paypal requires from him is a tracking number tht he sent something back.

That's exactly why I dropped EBAY.

The Auction winner claimed that he never got the shipment of 7 vests, I had got comfortable in

the prior customers being trustworthy and so there fore it wasn't always convenient to use insurance

or tracking by the Post Office.

To begin with the guy started the bid at .99 like EBay suggests you do to attract more buyers.

Certainly , I in no way meant .99 for all. They were bullet proof vests with out the metal plate.

I merely started the price at. .99 cents. 

So because I didn't list them as each ,the buyer which I will also add, is a seller on EBay that

sells police and military items to the public in So. Carolina.    He is not a Military Officer nor Police,

just a civilian. Won the auction and when I gave him the total, he told me that I sold them to him as a Lot.

I tried to reason with him and explain that surely I would never sell them all for Cents. He then

threatened to do just what he did and filed a complaint with EBay.  I wrote if off as a learning experience

and error on my ignorance.   I shipped them to him anyway , which I might add  the cost was more than

.99 cents for all 7 vests.

Then I get a filed complaint notice from EBay and Pay Pal that he claimed he never got the vests.

There is no way that the shipment went anywhere else but to him as, I didn't want him to have my

address after the threats, I put his address both on the return and shipping  areas.

I tried to email pay pal and tell them my side, it was like standing in a crowd and yelling , no one could hear

me and I got no response from pay pal, only that since I didn't respond they had froze my account and

sent him a full refund.  Which was more than I kept in my pay pal account. When they overspent the refund

and couldn't get it from my bank account. They got mad and sent creditors sending me letters that I owed pay pal

$12.06 for over draft on my pay pal account..

I was so devastated by this happening that I just said to heck with all this , it truly was not worth the upset.

My own fault for being naive and stupid.   If I ever did start on EBay again, I would definitely spend time in

the discussion rooms and learn all the other sellers experience.

Good Luck and let it be a lesson.Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

sherialise
New Community Member

Thanks Colton. I just started not using delivery confirmation because I felt after so many sales (1440fb) that I could trust the eBay community! Guess I will stick with the extra cost!

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@sherialise wrote:

Thanks Colton. I just started not using delivery confirmation because I felt after so many sales (1440fb) that I could trust the eBay community! Guess I will stick with the extra cost!

if you print you postage on-line, D/C is free for priority packages and only 19 cents for parcel post/media/and 1st class

Login to Me Too

antifashion
Contributor
Contributor

If the buyer is sending messages that can cause bodily harm, forward these messages to ebay. Not sure how to do that, check ebay's help. These harmful messages can cause the buyer to get suspended. No, it wont get you the money back, but it might suspend them, thus removing the bad feedback becuase they would no longer be a valid ebay user.

Login to Me Too

thenakaii

Uh has it ever occured to you to insure your shipments whether or not the buyer pays for insurance. Or use a signature confirmation? Pay for the $3.80 charge so that USPS can keep a log of your shipment? Or use seller protection if you are elegible? Just a stray thought on an otherwise slow Sunday.

Login to Me Too

pyraxiate
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I was wondering what happened with your case. Something very similar happened to me recently. I sold a desktop computer with a 7 day non-doa return policy. When he recieved it, the item was not DOA ( also it had shipping insurance in case it was damaged during shipping ). He started a chargeback 3 months later and now paypal has my account locked and showing a negative balance over 400$ for something that isnt even in my posession.

I think im through using paypal if it doesnt protect sellers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.