Again, customizing merchant's info for multiple websites?

loudmerchant
Contributor
Contributor

How can I customize my merchant information (e.g. business name, contact name, customer service or contact email, etc.)  for each of the websites I have?

I've read the suggestion to use a generic business name for all the websites you have. OK, that can be done without a big problem.

However, what are you supposed to do with your contact email?

If I had 2 websites called "cars.com" and "donuts.com" selling cars and donuts respectively, I would certainly want a merchant email that matches each site, something like info@cars.com and info@donuts.com.

If I followed the suggesstion of using a generic email to cover both sites and ended up using one of those free email accounts (yahoo, gmail, hotmail, aol, etc.), it would simply look so unprofessional to customers. After all, the idea of having your own domains is to have an email address with your domain in it to build trust.

Any solutions for this? How did others do it?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Wombat
Contributor
Contributor

I don't believe you can do what you are hoping for.

All transactions and contacts between PP and your customers and PP and you have to refer to one account.

What you are hoping for is akin to becoming an anonymous seller (even if in your mind that is not your intention) and for legalities plus I guess as well as for ethics that is a no-no.

So as described by skier, you can do all the other stuff but ultimately the transactions are between or manged by the one same seller.

The alternative of course wholly implying they are completely separate accounts is to use just that, two PP accounts.

I have seen over recent years sellers using an implied commonality for business management with simple public caveats to that effect in emails and thank-you pages etc. But to actually HIDE origin I am quite sure will not work.

Regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------------
'imself. [PHParagon.com] [Save MySQL]
...bug free, my programs do occasionally include undisclosed FREE random features.

Login to Me Too

loudmerchant
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not trying to hide my origin or to become an anonymous seller by wanting to have a seperate customer service email for each of my websites.

In fact, what I was trying to do is the complete opposite, to give customers the correct customer service email that matches the website they are buying the item from.

Imagine this. Say, you have 5 different websites selling 5 different stuff with matching domains:

toiletpapers dot com

cookies dot com

usb-drives dot com

dog-walking dot com

perfumes dot com

Now, what would you suggest I should use as my one-size-fits-all customer service email that works for ALL of these sites?

If I used "customer.service @ toiletpapers dot com" for all the sites, it just doesn't seem right for customers on my other sites that are buying cookies, usb-drives, dog walking service, etc.

Or, I could use a "generic" email from Yahoo, Gmail, etc., and call it, say, "jack.customer.service @ yahoo dot com".

But these 2 methods actually obscure my actual origin and make me a rather anonymous seller, don't you think? And from the marketing point of view, both methods are simply bad for branding.

Would it be great if each of my wesbites had its own customer service email address:

customer.service @ toiletpapers dot com

customer.service @ cookies dot com

customer.service @ usb-drives dot com

customer.service @ dog-walking dot com

customer.service @ perfumes dot com

What do you think?

By the way, PayPal already allows you to change your company's logo on its checkout page for *each* Buy-Now item you sell, not just for each website you have.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.