paypal fraud

jerrysmith
New Community Member

I realize you make more money the longer you tie up our money. I believe this is called “THEIFT!!!!” or maybe “FRAUD!!!!” What excuse do you have now??????? The buyer has had our point of sales system for over a week now!!! At first it was instant and then 21 days and now “WHAT??????” 90 days??? I really need to be “PAID!!!” I realize you make millions a year off of all the money you “HOLD????” Please let me know what I have to do to be “PAID????”

No, not thank you!!! PAY ME!!!!

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

jaanie3
Contributor
Contributor

Happened to me two days ago also, sold an item to the buyer who i thought was genuine apparently this person had hacked the buyers account spending over $20,000 i am without my item and minue $350 paypal dont seem to be doing anything about it the bloke who had his account hacked has all his money back yet on my account it says the funds are being held i think paypal are a bunch of lying scum bags that earn all this money from having these transactions but dont protect its customers one bit, the scamers know the loop holes and prey on us to use them to their advantage knowing we will be the ones that fit the bill innocent people just trying to make some money peanuts to paypal who earn billions every year its discusting.

Login to Me Too

Ginger123
New Community Member

my dad recieved this email today  (he's selling a caranvan )   which  was hard to spot  but are a litte research is someone trying to scam my dad ... so i tought id share the email just  in case anyone else gets the same !!!1   how are paypal going to sort this type of fraud out ..where innocent people are being scammed !  i think you have an obligation !!!!

hope this helps you not get scammed .....   my first responce to my dad was " paypal is secure and i trust it "  ....but no so much now!.... after reading what the scammers do and who ends up paying  ( my dad) !!!  i mean who can you trust !   and who side are paypal on ????

Thank you for the mail, i am okay with the condition Likewise your
asking price is quite reasonable and affordable considering others
I've seen lately, I'll have it for the listed price. I'm interested
and consider it sold as am buying it for my first son as a surprise
birthday gift and which i don't want him to know about it until is
picked up, so can you assure me i will not be disappointed? I work
with the military air-force and presently in camp serving the nation
which is strictly no calls. My Mode of payment is PayPal because i
don't have access to my bank account online, but i have it attached to
my PayPal account. Since I'm requesting this transaction to be done
via PayPal, I will be responsible for all the PayPal fees/charges on
this transaction, if you don't have an account with PayPal, it's
pretty easy, safe an secure to open one. Just log on to
www.paypal.co.uk. I hope we can make this transaction as fast as
possible. Less I forgot, I have a Mover that will come for pickup once
payment is cleared in your PayPal account and they will be handling
the title for me, as I look forward to hearing from you with your
PayPal information as requested below.

Your PayPal e-Mail Address :
Full name:
Firm Price:
Address for Pick Up:
Phone Number:

Awaiting your response asap..

Regards

On 5/17/15,  my dad wrote:
Hi John Yes caravan is currently still available . I have a couple of
interested enquirers but as 'van is currently on site . If I get sufficient interest to make it worthwhile I
will bring it back for viewing. If I can help you further just
email or call me on ********** .  Thanks for enquiry. Regards
hope this helps you  not get scammed ..... and i'd like to know what paypal are doing ?  my first responce to my dad was " paypal is secure and i trust it "  ....but no so much now are reading what the scammers do and who ends up paying !!!  i mean who can you trust !   and who side are paypal on ????
thanks
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As NOTHING is done via paypals site what on earth COULD paypal do about it?

The emails are sent normally from Nigeria and the emails made to look as though they are from paypal.

Nothing is done via your paypal account, that is the whole point of the scam. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cucumber35
Contributor
Contributor

I am utterley fed-up of my Bank cancelling my card.  7 times altogether?

The only place I can think of why it is happening is either through E-Bay or Pay Pal.

When I visit my Bank again tomorrow, once again to prove my identity, I think I must cancel my

dealings with both E-Bay & Pay Pal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.