paypal fraud

jerrysmith
New Community Member

I realize you make more money the longer you tie up our money. I believe this is called “THEIFT!!!!” or maybe “FRAUD!!!!” What excuse do you have now??????? The buyer has had our point of sales system for over a week now!!! At first it was instant and then 21 days and now “WHAT??????” 90 days??? I really need to be “PAID!!!” I realize you make millions a year off of all the money you “HOLD????” Please let me know what I have to do to be “PAID????”

No, not thank you!!! PAY ME!!!!

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is a COMMUNITY forum.

If you want to talk to paypal about your account then:

Contact us bottom of paypal pages > put in account problems and phone the number given.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ahltru
Contributor
Contributor

"This is a COMMUNITY forum."

Yes, it is, and is probably the last place people can go to exchange frustrations about PayPal holding their money since PayPal adamantly refuses to explain this illegal practice.

Good Luck to All when using PayPal  !!! 

Login to Me Too

sirhugo
Contributor
Contributor

You can contact any PayPal advisor about payments holds and they will expalin they are part of the buyer and seller protection policies that help to prevent disputes, reversals and chargebacks. This is in no way illegal

Login to Me Too

javelin9
New Community Member

Paypal just do not want to know when there is a problem - particularly when its because of their incompetence that the problem arises or escalates. I have tried numerous ways to get them to act over a scam seller who has taken money from me but Paypal will not act, and part of the problem is their incompetence in not dealing with the situation. I am now in the position that I have lost money but no-one seems interested in doing anything about it. The only person benefiting is the scam seller who has the item and the money - and no-one in this organisation is interested in doing anything to redress that position! I have raised a formal complaint against Paypal over their handling of this but even then they just ignore me. Next course of action would seem to be for me to take out a County Court action against Paypal, with luck I can get the Local Trading Standards involved!

Login to Me Too

im sorry to be the barer of bad news but this happened to me too.

after 90 days they then tell you that you have to wait another 90 days for any chargebacks.

there is no way around but to wait.

Login to Me Too

pip1922
New Community Member

I have  had my debit card cloned and a Paypal account set up in my name. My bank and the police recognise that 16 payments have been fruadulently made using Paypal amounting to over £2,000

Paypal have refused to admit fraud has taken place,

Lucky for me my bank have, with immediate effect reimbursed me for every penny stolen. I would have had a real fight on my hands if I had had to reply on Paypal, without prejudice

Login to Me Too

bear7364
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal are a total joke. It would seem they are supportive of the fraudsters out there and the people that are genuine have to suffer. Someone has paid me their money then 9 days down the line, after sending the item Paypal decide there is something not right with the transaction, even though they let me take the money out of my account ! They have since refunded the person that made the transaction and I am now out of pocket due to courier charges. WHAT A JOKE, THEY NEED TO BE STOPPED. They also stated to me that the payment was sent as a gift and I would not be covered, where on the transaction does it tell me its a gift and if I am not covered why are they ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

where on the transaction does it tell me its a gift and if I am not covered why are they ?

It would state you were ineligable for seller protection on the email you received when you were paid........up to you then if you wanted to continue.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bear7364
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

where on the transaction does it tell me its a gift and if I am not covered why are they ?

It would state you were ineligable for seller protection on the email you received when you were paid........up to you then if you wanted to continue.

There is nowhere on the email I received that states this. I can send you the emails if you wish.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.