clearing up a confusion

Ali1989
New Community Member

Hi , i ve sold a piano to a man for certain amout of money , as he lives far he sent me the money as a gift before coming to pick up the piano and go back to his town , it took me few days to successfully withdraw the money and it is now in my bank account , however a collegue of mine at work told me to be careful as the man can take the piano then request a refund and then the money can be taken from my bank account! it's my first experience using paypal and i don't want it to end bad so please can someone advise. 

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ali1989

Firstly you should not accept paypal for items that are collected or personally delivered as you would have no seller protection and the buyer could file for non receipt of item and iwthout a tracking number you would have to refund.

HOWEVER you negated them opening a PAYPAL dispute by accepting a friends / family payment HOWEVER the buyer can now do a chargeback via his credit card (if he funded his paypal payment with a card) and you would again have no seller protection as you accepted a friends / family payment which is against paypal rules if you are selling and can lead to your paypal account being limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.