Transferring money into bank account while the money is in holding

Brown95
Contributor
Contributor

Hello -

I sold an item for £250 on eBay through Paypal on the 20/05/12, sent the parcel on the 21/05/12 and uploaded the tracking number to both eBay and Paypal and the buyer received the item on the 22/05/12, to of which he commented that he recieved the item but gave me a bad review because he did not realise that is was a used item. It says on my Paypal account that its holding my money for up to 21 days as this was my first item. A couple of days ago I transferred my £250 in my Paypal account to a bank account I added to Paypal, however my account says that the transaction is completed - however I have not recieved any money in my bank account and my Paypal account now says that my balance is £0. Is this because my money is still in holding, and if so why is the transaction to my bank account complete? Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When it states completed it means that paypal have processed your request and are sending the money to your bank account.

HOWEVER it can take up to a week to complete through to your bank account although normally its only a few days.

In future i would make sure you are very careful to describe your items properly as if you keep getting poor reviews you may have problems with your ebay account and not sell your items.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.