SNAD claim. Buyer returns item with parts missing

ckes101
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Friends and thanks for taking the time to look at my thread.  This one is quite simple. I sell new computers on ebay and had a customer purchase a PC direct from me outside of ebay but still used paypal to pay for it. I dispatched the PC on time and in accordance with paypal's seller protection rules. A week or so later the buyer files a SNAD saying the PC is faulty. Anyway to cut a long story short paypal told the buyer to return it which they did. Paypal refunded the seller on the same day the PC came back here. I opened the parcel to check what the problem was with the PC only to discover that half the PC was missing. No hard drive,no graphics card,plus the case looks like its been dropped of a cliff. I immediately appealed the paypal reversal decision and as it stands now the case is being reviewed. My question is..has any one else had this happed and am i likely to get anywhere with this. I know that reversals etc are all part of the paypal agreement when i first signed up to there terms and conditions. But no where in there terms does it say a buyer can return an item for a full refund and steal parts from it first. Any advise greatly appreciated....thank you

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there ckes101,

When a case is closed in a buyer's favour they are told they should return the goods as they have received them to get a full refund. As they haven't this is good grounds for appeal.

I hope this information helps you

Wayne 

Login to Me Too

emay50
New Community Member

How do yo appeal.  I tried to call paypal and their phone line was not working! It said they were having technical difficulties.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.