PayPal STILL holding funds!!

daisyspoo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all

Is the three day holding funds after proof of delivery (a) a new thing and (b) will this be the case for EVERY transaction? Also once funds have been released from the pending pot why does it take another 72 hours for PayPal to process the release? This is nothing to do with my bank account as once PayPal have released the funds they appear in my bank account instantly.

I have recently sold 5 items on ebay, all posted the same day by first class recorded, all received the next day and all received very positive feedback. The postage was of course funded by myself due to PayPal holding the funds generated from the sales. 

When I spoke to PayPal the reason given was they wanted to make sure there were no issues with the transactions after receipt. When I explained there were no issues as positive (very positive) feedback was received I was then told feedback is totally seperate and has nothing to do with it!! I was advised the three day hold after proof of delivery would not be lifted and, despite waiting for three days (actually over three days now!!), four of the transaction's funds are STILL pending. The only one which has been released was withdrawn and transferred to my linked bank account to cover the postage of the 5 items and this transaction is subject to another three day hold. WHY??!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Feedback no longer counts for payment release..........its all in this link.

http://sellerupdate.ebay.co.uk/autumn2013/changes-payment-holds

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.