Old shipping address somehow attached to my transaction. How?!

Sirandymk
Contributor
Contributor
I've just purchased something through ebay on my ipad. It all went through to payment. I clicked pay with paypal, etc and worked through the sign-in etc. At the end it said 'complete' etc. All sounds good. I've checked the email confirmation and somehow paypal has attached my old shipping address! It's not even on my profile anymore (i've checked) so how did this happen? This is really, really inconvenient as its coming from china and communication will almost certainly non-existant so now i'll have to phone my old place of work every day for up to 28 days to see if it's arrived. Please find out how this has happened. I was not given the opportunity of choosing delivery address at any point in the transaction. Regards Andy
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hi there Sirandymk,

When you would have payments in the past, you would have manually typed your postal address on the Review your Payment page. As a result, this address would then appear on your account as a 'Gift Address'. You can then select this address when sending payments in the future in order to have your items posted to the address.

This address would not show up in the profile on your PayPal or eBay account in the address section. The only way for these addresses to be removed is to contact customer services and we can have them removed for you.

I will advise that you should try to ensure that all of the information is correct before you complete processing the payment through your PayPal and eBay accounts. As the seller posted the item to the address provided to them on the transaction details page, they are covered under our seller protection policy as they posted the item to the correct address.

If possible, you could try contacting the current residents of your old address in order to see if they have received the package that was sent to that address for you.

I hope this information helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.