BUYER WANTING ME TO MAKE A PAYMENT TO A OTHER AGENT THROUGH POST OFFICE

shivy
New Community Member

I AM SELLING A CAR ON A SALES SITE, I RECEIVED A EMAIL FROM A GUY WHO SAID HE WANTED TO BUY MY CAR, GREAT I THOUGHT BUT HE SAYS HE AS DEPOSITED THE FUNDS INTO MY PAYPAL AND WANTS ME TO PAY £300 INTO A GREAT WESTERN ACCOUNT AT THE POST OFFICE FOR HIS AGENT TO COLLECT THE CAR, ONLY THEN WILL THE PAYMENT BE RELEASED. I KNOW THIS SOUNDS VERY ODD, HE AS BEEN EMAILING MY THREATS WITH THE POLICE AND ALL SORTS BECAUSE I WONT MAKE THIS STRANGE PAYMENTS.

ANY ADVICE O NTHIS MATTER PLEASE ANYONE???

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is a scam, seen it time and time again.

The payment you make via western union will be non recoverable and any paypal email or payment you get will be fake or fraudulent.

The agent bit is typical,....there aint no agent ...!! 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

shivy
New Community Member

I EVEN SPOKE TO THE PLICE TODAY MYSELF AS IM NO FOOL AND WOULD NOT EVER MAKE SUCH A PAYMENT, BUT I MUST SAY I FELT VERY INTIMIDATED BY THE WHOLE THING.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Scammers want you to feel intimated so you send them free money.

Delete any messages and ignore them.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

judeandpete
New Community Member

we too have been contacted like this asking to pay the agent £700 before the funds will be released, who do you report these creeps to?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can''t.

They are normally international.

You can't report to paypal as they don't use paypal, any paypal emails are from the scammers not paypal.

I have had a few over the years, just ignore and delete.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.