Text from Paypal

Kingjames202
New Community Member
Hi, I've recently had a text from paypal asking me if I've attempted to make a payment but it does not say what for. The message seems real as it's from the same number that texted me a security code a week before, the message reads: "PayPal: Have you recently attempted to make a payment for ? Reply "1" if yes and reattempt your payment, reply "2" if no, and the payment will remain declined. Msg and Data rates apply." I do have a few things on pre order set to be released Friday and Tuesday but I'm not sure whether they'll be using PayPal.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Paelavong003
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Kingjames202,

This is really concerning!, If you have not attempted to make any payment, I highly recommend you to change your password and security question as quick as possible and check if there's any unauthorised transaction made, If there is make sure you open a case against it.

If you were actually trying to make a payment in the meantime and your having trouble with the security, try using the usual device that you are using you may also want to try adding funds in your account first before purchasing. If none of this helped I would highly recommend you to get in touch with Customer service by clicking Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Regards,
Paelavong

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.