Contributor
Will not accept my 4 digit code to verify my account
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Paelavong003
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Walter42,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulties contacting us. It is quite possible that the automated system isn't recognizing your account properly as it is picking up a different information during your session. I highly recommend to get either a CS pin or a one-off passcode for better experience.

Feel free to follow the instruction below.

To contact us by phone:

Please call us on 0800 358 7911 (freephone from the UK; rates for mobiles may vary). We're open from 8am to 9pm Monday to Saturday and from 9am to 9pm on Sunday. If you're calling from outside the UK, call Go to https://www.paypal.com/help and click "Call Us" (international call charges may apply).

To discuss account specific details, you'll be asked for a Customer Service PIN or a one-off passcode to confirm your identity. This ensures that we speak with the account holder only and that sensitive account information is not given to a third party.

The Customer Service PIN is a six digit number that you can create from your Profile page by following these steps:
1.Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
2.Click Security.
3.Beside 'Customer Service PIN', click Edit.
4.Add or change and then confirm your PIN.
5.Click Add or change PIN. To generate a secure PIN you cannot repeat digits or enter strings such as 123456.

Note: If you forget your Customer Service PIN, you will need to create a new one as it cannot be recovered.

The one-off passcode is a randomly generated six digit number that will be displayed when you log into your PayPal account, and access the 'Contact Us' page. It's valid for one hour from the time of issuance.

To generate a one-off passcode:
1.Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
2.Click Help & Contact near the bottom of the page.
3.Click Call Customer Service.
4.The six digit one-off passcode is now being displayed. It's valid for 1 hour.

I hope this information helps. Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely yours,
Paelavong

Login to Me Too

Sanlyy
New Community Member
I did make 3 attempts with 4digits. But I couldn't confirm. What now ?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.