Funds on hold

Raljix
New Community Member

This seems to be a trend with Paypal.

So, I have been a user of ebay and pyapal for over 5 years now. I have 100% feedback  score and I consider myself to be a good solid member of the community.  I do however have a gripe and a few questions. I sold a laptop on ebay 3 days ago. It was surplus to requirement and rather than selling it on gumtree or facebook swop sites I figured I'd try my luck on ebay. I'm always getting the emails promoting it etc, so why not right? 

The Laptop sold pretty much right away. To be fair it was a decent machine and I wasnt asking silly money so someone got a great deal and that's what I love about ebay, you can get some aweosme deals.

Anyway, buyer paid fast so I wrapped it up and sent it out Special Delivery on next day and signed for. All at my expense as I offered free postage.  Makes me a good seller right? Paypal doesnt think so - They have the money on "hold" and told me I have to wait 21 days, which I can semi understand. My gripe is that I read that if you provide tracking details or proof of delivery exceptions can be made and monies released sooner. For the life of me I cannot find how I provide this information, some folk say you can email but I cant see a "email us" link.  I even called them but it was just an automated responce with no customer service rep. Can anyone shed some light on what I am supposed to do?  The buyer has the laptop I have proof it was delivered he got it in less than 24 hours.....

As it stands right now, I am out of pocket on the fee's charged by ebay and paypal and I am out of pocket on the postage costs AND I have no laptop! It doesnt feel so friendly and to be honest it isnt a very nice experience. It puts a downer on it.

So what am I to do paypal people?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Raljix

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for new sellers or sellers that have not sold for a while etc.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
 Normally for the Ebay hold its when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days if you use Ebay / paypal postage.

Info in this Ebay link below
https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr?query=1746

To add a tracking number go to the transaction in your ''my ebay'' and underneath the title of the item there is the option to add a tracking number.

Also go and click on the transaction in your paypal account and add the tracking number at the bottom of that details page.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.