Fraudsters

AntLudbrook
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all, I understand that there are fraudsters that send emails to victims in the order to get their login in details. I recently just received one and was wondering how to go about reporting it and also let you know know of this one. So this is the email that I got: Dear Costumer, This is a confirmation that you have added a new email address (missy9051@Ho*****.c*m) to your P&nbsp;jembutlue&nbsp;a&nbsp;jembutlue&nbsp;y&nbsp;jembutlue&nbsp;P&nbsp;jembutlue&nbsp;a&nbsp;jembutlue&nbsp;l account. If you did not add this email,&nbsp;please get in touch with us.&nbsp;Click Here You must notify us to help ensure that your account is not accessible to anyone without your knowledge. Sincerely, Jembutlue&nbsp;P&nbsp; Copyright © 1999-2017&nbsp;&nbsp;jembutlue&nbsp;P&nbsp;inc. All rights reserved.&nbsp;&nbsp;jembutlue&nbsp;P&nbsp;is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131. PC000405:6663ccc4b7df5 And this is the website it takes you too: <a href="https://resolution-center.verify.pavpal.com-serverinc.ml/signin/m02e/websrc?country.x=UK&amp;locale...." target="_blank">https://resolution-center.verify.pavpal.com-serverinc.ml/signin/m02e/websrc?country.x=UK&amp;locale....> Now obviously, I haven't logged in using any of my details on this site and I've blocked the sender through outlook. But surely there must be something more we can do to stop people getting caught out by these scams?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

VaVaVoom
New Community Member

Also please be aware that you can receive text messages from fraudsters, I have had one today from 07762 454 742 which reads " Your PayPal has been temporarily limited! You have 24H to confirm account information or your account will be locked" ..... this is accompanied by a 'ow.ly' link that the fraudsters will ask you to enter your details . BEWARE .

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hi there,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Any time you receive an email about activity on your PayPal account, the safest way to confirm the emails’ (or message) validity is to log in to your PayPal account via the PayPal website (not using the links in the email received). Any of the activity reported in the email will be available to view. When you receive a payment, you’ll see the money in your account right away.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.